main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone besides me feel this way?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by lsufan62, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsufan62

lsufan62 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    I have to get this off of my chest. Am I the only one that will have my whole experience with the original trilogy ruined if the rumors with the plot are true? If either Luke is a bad guy or in self imposed exile is true then I am officially done with this franchise. Return of the Jedi is my favorite of the movies, and it ended with the empire falling and Luke succeeding where his father failed. He made the good choices where his father chose the darkside. So in my mind 30 years later there should be a new republic and jedi order so anything contradictory to this will ruin everything for me.

azmar likes this.
  2. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    This thread sucks.

3. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Well, people have abandoned star wars for less. It was good while it lasted, eh?

4. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
  5. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    The Emperor was killed, the second Death Star destroyed, and a large fleet destroyed, but there are Billions of systems in the galaxy... And Moffs not particularly interested in ceding power. I'm glad they've gone with a more gritty vision of post-Palpy galactic politics.

But hey, if it conflicts with a story in your head, don't see the movies.

Yanksfan and Corellian Scoundrel like this.
  6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I have to get this off of my chest. Am I the only one that will have my whole experience with the original history ruined if the rumors with the plot are true? If either US is a bad guy or committing self imposed constitutional violations is true then I am officially done with this country. The 1980s is my favorite of the movies, and it ended with the Soviet Union falling and US succeeding where others had failed. They made the good choices where others chose the darkside. So in my mind 30 years later there should be a new US-Russian Government so anything contradictory to this will ruin everything for me.

[face_dunno]

7. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Not bad.

8. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    Though im from EUtopia i agree with this man 100 percent!

And its not like Russia has been or ever will be in sort of revenge mode, like EVER!

9. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    You only think this because of the EU. There is absolutely nothing at the end of ROTJ to suggest there would be a 'New Republic' or that Luke would immediately start a new Jedi order. If I wasn't familiar with the EU, I'm pretty sure I would think Luke was the last of his kind, Leia could potentially be trained and for any kind of Jedi order to kick off it would have to happen via their potential children. Luke being in self imposed exile makes complete sense because that is what literally the only two Jedi he's ever met were doing for more or less the whole time he knew them.

I WOULD feel like it would undermine the ending if Luke literally became a dark lord of the Sith. But for him to be a troubled soul, walking the line between dark and light is okay with me. I always theorised that "the one who will bring balance to the force" prophecy was realised with Luke and that somehow both sides were balanced inside him. No Sith left. Luke is the last Jedi. He had to use his hate to defeat Vader. I think that's probably dumb, but he was not the clean cut, innocent farm boy he was in ANH by the end of ROTJ. He's always going to have a bit of his father in him.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Amazingly, you might meet people who feel all kinds of varying things about the teaser and new film if you asked this in one of our threads where people are discussing their feelings about all of this.

loki41872 and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.