Cincin, OH Anyone catch BSG:Razor?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by GeekGoddess, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Me with my concussion scrambled brains forgot to tape it.
    If anyone recorded it, may I borrow it?
    Also, what did you think of it?
  2. Exalted_1 Force Ghost

star 3
    I didn't know it was aired yet! time and station? Scifi channel I suppose?
  3. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    It aired the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and it's looking like it was a one time shot because Sci-Fi and the TV guide page don't show any more airings of it. It's coming out on video December 4th from what I'm told though. I dunno for how much though.
  4. JasperMereel_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    Arghh, no I was at church and forgot to record it. How was the show?
  5. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think anyone here caught it. I've heard that there were some interesting twists and insights from my evansville guys.
  6. JasperMereel_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed it.
  7. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't I see that they've already released it on DVD?
  8. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it came out December 4th, which is why there haven't been any typical repete showings of it on Sci-Fi. $20 at Wal-Mart
  9. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    sorry itaI have not responded on this, I saw it when it aired and liked it.(been in hospital and rehab and just got internt back)
  10. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome back! Glad you are doing better. :)
  11. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'm gonna burn my Best Buy gift card on the Battlestar Galactica:1980 series today.

Yes, it got even cheesier than the original, but it has got to go into the collection.

12. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    We all have our guilty pleasures...
  13. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally picked up a copy of BSG:Razor. Awesome! Totally freakin' awesome! I love that they showcased some of the first Cylon War. The classic look of the Cylon Raiders was excellent!

While it's wishful thinking, right now, it'd be awesome to see a feature length movie of the first Cylon War, or perhaps a whole series dedicated to it. Spin off possibility?
  14. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    There has been talk of it... but I don't know how strong the pull is for it.
  15. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm certain most of Hollywood will hesitate to listen to fanboys (and girls, lol) regarding producing some big budget Sci-Fi flick based on what the "fan-buzz" is about it. Serenity was a great example of it. Great series, great movie, but in the end it did not do well in the box office, because it didn't have enough mass appeal to generate the audience they were hoping for. In short, Sci-Fi fanboys (and fangirls) are nothing more than special interest groups...they talk the loudest and are the most devoted, but when it comes time to count their votes you see they are little more than a fart in the wind.....but the DVD sales are usually good ;) (check the stats, lol)

16. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    It would be a "Made for Sci-Fi Channel" movie, not a theater release, and then straight to DVD.
  17. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I figured you meant that, but I still would love to see BSG get the big budget treatment with a solid script....would make this fanboy happy at least.

As far as the Sci-Fi channel....man, they really do turn out some, ah, well, real shitters don't they? I mean, every now and again you get a diamond in the rough (like BSG), but where do they get some of their movies and shows from, WalMart?

I mean...Raptor Island anybody?
  18. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I love how they have a disclaimer at the end of the BSG1980 episodes about the Air Force stopping its search signs of extra terrestrial contact in 1969. It almost seems like some kind of propaganda statement.

If Scifi did do a feature length for the first Cylon War, they'd make sure to do a good job of it. They'd have to know that a good enough job on it would guarantee DVD sales. But how would you compress an entire war like that into one movie? Star Wars had to stretch over 6 movies just to cover the highlights!
  19. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    as long as it is not turned into another starship troopers 2
  20. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Starship Troopers 2? Never saw it. Oh, but then that might have been the point.
  21. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It had 1 or 2 good ideas, but it did not seem they actually wanted to fully develope them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.