main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Anyone catch the Simpsons last night?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthNightwing, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    'Cause the first 9 minutes of the show did a great comedy spoof of Star Wars. It show Bart & Lisa got a mail from a fan club that is call "Cosmic Wars" instead & it show they even visited a George Lucas-like character, hence the beard & flannel shirt. He was also same height as the kids. And also his ranch show it used to be call "Frenso, California". I hope many of you all catch the episode. Great stuff!! :D

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    That spoof was about 5 years too late.

Only part of it I laughed at was where the guy from the Android's Dungeon Comic Book store made fun of the Simpsons for not wearing costumes. When they said he wasn't wearing a costume either, he said he's wearing the actual attire of the creator of Cosmic Wars and then showed a picture of the George Lucas-looking character, flannel and all.

Somebody who writes for that show knows me. [face_plain]

3. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Indeed...5 years too late.

Other than the Comic Book Guy/Brian reference... I have only 3 words to say.

WORST. EPISODE. EVER.

Edit: Nevermind, I have more to say. I have a rant.

What is with people's attention spans these days? AOTC had a total of like 2 minutes of politics...and it was crucial to the plot. TPM had maybe 10 to 20 minutes of screentime inside the senate and most of it was pretty important setup for the state of the galaxy. ANH practically had more politics than AOTC. Seriously its like this past Simpsons episode was written by a guy who was frozen in carbonite shortly after TPM came out and as soon as he was unfrozen wanted to jump on the bandwagon...the only problem was that he was 5 years too late.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Awwww... I missed it. I would have liked to see the George Lucas/DarthBrian character. :_| *sob* *sniff*

5. Lelundrial

Lelundrial Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    I was cracking up. The centaur C-3PO, Ralph Wiggum dressed as an Ewok, and Otto as a jedi. Stood in the wrong line for three weeks. And then they made the creator a midget. Poor man got tossed back and forth like a beach ball by Marge and Homer. I loved it. "May the power be on your side."

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I did like the line...the part with the nerds and comic book guy saying he'll still see it 3 more times that day was funny...but the parts with the Lucas character, the actual movie, and all that wasn't very funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.