main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Anyone collecting those lightsabre pens from cereal?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedimama, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    I was trying to get all the pens out of the cereal boxes, but I failed quite miserably. :) I still need Anakin and Luke's sabre pens, but I went to several stores today and couldn't find any boxes left with the pens inside. Agh!
    Does anyone have some extras they might be willing to part with or trade for? I have a spare Dooku pen if anyone needs it. Or does anyone know of a grocery store that might still have the cereal boxes with the pens inside?
    Thanks!!

2. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    What cereal was that? I didn't even know about it.

3. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    It was in Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Reses Peanut Butter Cereal. But I think they might be sold out now. I looked at 2 Meijers, Kroger and Marsh over the last few days and only found the regular boxes with no pens. I'm really disappointed - the one lightsabre I wanted the most was Lukes. :( I did get Vader, Dooku and Mace though.
    If you see any boxes, please let me know! My kids eat both of those kinds of cereal anyway, so its working out pretty good for us. *if* I can find any more that is. :)
    Here is a picture of all five pens that I found over on *shudder* Ebay.

4. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I did not know about them either.
    I will have to start looking for them.
    Do you know what saber you get from each cereal?

5. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    It's totally random, which is why I'm having problems. I bought 4 boxes of cereal last week and only got Mace and 3 Dooku's. I lucked out a few days later and found Vaders in another box.

6. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    target has tons of them. i dont know about lukes but they have anakins. i got the windu. and they are in cherios and something else too.

7. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    The Target Store on South East St. has some boxes of Cocoa Puffs with the lightsabre pens in them. If I have Luke's, I will trade with you.

8. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    Sorry, it was Mace's.

9. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Thanks so much, but I just got lucky and found one!!! Yea!!!! I found 3 boxes of Cinnamon Crunch on the back of the shelf at the Meijer on 96th street tonight and got a Luke sabre! Still no Anakin, though. :( Oh well. I still got the one I really wanted and picked up another Dooku and Mace. If anyone needs these, let me know.
    I wish the picture on the box would coorespond with the pen inside! It would make this sooo much easier.
    And cheaper!!

10. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    I'd be interested in starting a collection, jedimama. I will head to target & see what I can find on Monday. (have to work 7a-7p tomorrow)

11. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Was this some local Indy thing? I never, ever saw any promotion like this around here.

12. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Nope, its nation-wide. The official site had a little paragraph about this promotion not long ago.
    I'm telling you though,I think most of the boxes with those pens are sold out. It's almost freaky how fast they went. One day they are all over the place, a few days later I can't find a thing!
    Apparently Anakin's blue sabre is the 'chaser' for this collection. I have yet to find it and I noticed on Ebay that they are very scarce.
    So now I'm on a mission to find it. ;)

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Great. More SW cereal in this house and my ass is dead.

Hmmmm.....maybe I should start an auction on eBay now for my dead ass. Ya know - proactive.

14. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Probably not worth the effort to list it on Ebay, JediJeff.
    Your ass isn't worth that much.
    ;)

15. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey Jedimama! I found Anakin's lightsabre if you would like to trade that would be cool.

16. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    Oh heck yea!!! That would be great if you want to part with it!!! I have an extra of all of them now! Take your pick of any of them!!! :)

17. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    I would take Luke's sabre if you have an extra still. Do you want me to bring it the next meeting?

18. Jedimama

Jan 7, 1999
    No problem - I'll catch you at the next meeting! Thanks!!!! :)

19. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If I can get down to the grocery store today, I'll take a look at O'Malia's downtown. I'm kinda interested in getting some of those myself.

20. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I am looking for just one, the Blue pen (Anakin's). I have several Count Dooku's.

21. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Target on Keystone Ave. (about 52nd and Keystone) and they have a bunch of them: Honey Nut Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Reeses Puffs, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I got Honey Nut Cheerios, and I got Vader's sabre :)

22. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    I know that Kroger has the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal w/ lightsabre pens on sale thru June 2 w/ your Kroger Plus card. I noticed that the Kroger East store in Bloomington had a few. I don't know if any Kroger stores in Indy has them. I hope this helps you out.

23. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    We haven't had any luck finding ANY of the pens! where are they?

24. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    You can still find them at Target I believe, or that's where I've found them lately. I got a mace sabre from cinnamon toast crunch this weekend.

25. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    I like those Reese's puffs. I got two Mace sabers. Who was the rocket scientist at design who thought an orange LED would work with a purple blade?? I may have to crack it open and install an ultrabright white LED..

I wish they'd have made a Yoda saber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.