main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Anyone collects LEGO SW Minifigs?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by HumsupFett, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Anybody thinking of getting that UCS Naboo Fighter? I'll be one of them, but of course must see how much it would cost here in S$

:)

Humsupfett - Remember what happened when he 'stayed on target'? :D

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Ok, the Naboo fighter with chromed nose is an exclusive for shop-at-home eh? That dang site does not allow to shipment to Singapore. As good as we not seeing it in retail.
    Actually I guess LEGO wants to ultimately make the Naboo Royal Starship (the full chrome one) but have to trial the new chrome pieces on the fighter first... make sense eh?

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Looks like we have to rely on specialty shops if we wanna get those.. [face_plain]

4. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I just gotten the LEGO luke with storm trooper with guard one at Toys'r'us Marina Square. Luckily they still have the free postcards.

HumsupFett-Do you know where's the cheapest place to buy LEGO?

Jazz-Opened the postcard already, i like the Anakin/Vader and the Boba/LEGO fett one.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Lukedecop, they still have the free postcards?? :eek: How much does the Final Duel I (the one you bought?) cost cause Taka had it for about $13+.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    TRU Marine should have it at the usual price of $16.90 I think..

Lukedecop - Wow, that's nice. I still haven't opened mine... :D

7. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    lukedecop - If you want LEGO at a good price, that will depend what you are actually looking for. If you do not mind the set comes with no minifigs, then most likely you can find some really cheap sets at Simply Toys at Far East Plaza. They have the Ewok attack (minus the minifigs) at only $5.9 each. I Bought my Republic Gunship (without the Clonetroopers and the Jedi and 1 Super Battle Droid) at 1/2 the retail price.
    If you are looking for minifigs, I really have only 1 source. Visit the online stall bricklink.com but you have to take certain risk in online purchasing. I'm still waiting for my Clonetroopers ($10 per piece after conversion to SDG from USD) to come and its already the 2nd week I've send the money. Patience.... gotta have patience ;)
    Now, if you are talking about a full complete set... I have no lobang... everywhere seems to be selling at retail price. Forget about Malaysia as they are selling LEGO at about 20% more expensive then here.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    HumsupFett, you heard of this webpage or the seller before?

Singapore Lego

Some of the figures seems cheap while others very expensive (what? IRG cost $28?? I got it for $12 :eek: )

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I've seen that page before, and it's all pretty "scalping" prices, so I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy from there unless they want it badly. :)

10. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Wah Lau Taka sell cheaper ah. Geezzz. I boughht it at the price Jazz said. But its ok it was for the Postcard which if i remember correctly must spend $30/- at Taka then can get.

But thanks for the tip guys. Kind of eyeing at the LEGO vader but very expensive.

11. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    DE - I think "Singapore Lego" have an online shop at Bricklink.com... if I don't remember wrongly. See, I told you $12 for a LEGO IRG is a good catch, now you convince? ;)

lukedecop - I presume you are eyeing the technic Vader? Those are not too popular here in Singapore and if you can wait... for some public hollidays, Taka always have sale on those days and you will have a good chance of snatching it at 20% off. It will be more possible then because this one will not be "new" release anymore and should share the 20% discount like the rest of the pieces.

Jazz - What's up your end dude? Hope to see your custom craft soon ;)

12. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I going to buy Yoda and Vader on Fri. Hopefully can get at cost price from my father friend shop.

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Humsupfett - Sorry to keep u delayed about the pics, because I don't have digital camara, and so to use normal film to take and develop will need some time..

I haven't gone out of the house for almost 2 weeks (except for school) because of my exams, but luckily tomorrow's the last day, and I hope to go window-shopping haha :D

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Humsupfett, yes, my master :p

LOL! JaZzYjaZZ, I haven't gone to school for 3 days to see my plants. If my lecturer finds out, think she gonna kill me. :p Must go tomorrow so by 12am, must sleep leh! (Been sleeping at 3-4am these few days, I'll be in big doodoo when school reopen next week cause my internal cloak is in total mess now ;) )

15. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    I have checked out the Singapore Lego site. Not too bad, the prices are not really that bad but only on a certain items like the IRG, Han Solo blue pants, Leia Danish-Bun hair, Clonetroopers are really expansive. By the way, Han and Leia are only available in the Millenium Falcon set hence the high prices.
    But Boba Fett's price is not right.

16. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    what's the lego singapore URL?

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I've posted it 9 posts ago. ;) Just click on the name in red.

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I just don't believe in minifigs costing such a high price. If action figures aren't that high, the minifigs shouldn't be too.

19. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    WOOHOO!!! Got my 4 pieces of LEGO Clone Troopers today in the mail!! They are in prestine condition and comes with weapons too... and all cost me a cool SGD40 (ie S$10 each) considering Singapore side selling S$29.9 each. Sooo happy now.. time to crew up my Republic Gunship :D

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I gave in to the Dark Side (since when I didn't? :p ) and bought 2 Final Duel I and 1 Final Duel II from Taka and gotten the LEGO Postcards. Now I just need to clear up and pack away one of my bookshelves to display the LEGO.

Luckily I didn't gotten the loose figures from Simply Toys just now (was eyeing the Biker Scout, QGJ and Jedi Luke figures). ;)

Lukedecop, you said TRU gave the postcards for any purchase of SW LEGO at Marina Square. Does it apply to SW LEGO on promotion too cause think I can spare the cash for that TPM Flash Speeder Set (NOW $10.80, THEN $21.60)?

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Humsupfett - Good for u! Ask me again when u are intending to buy more minifigs ;)

22. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    D.E- they didnt specific, you might want to check with them i guess before u buy but D.E why dont consider getting the Darth Vader and Mr White face one.

REASON: to Keep Beany Maul Company?

23. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Jazz - Sure :) The shipment took about 3.5 weeks in total the day I sent out my money.

DE - now you have 2 Darth Vader, 2 Emperor, 1 Stormtrooper, 1 Imperial officer and 1 Luke Jedi :D WOAH!! Thats a staggering 7 minifigs in one go!! Welcome to the minifig club eh... cheers!!

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! [face_laugh] Ya, suddenly my SW LEGO population went up from a mere 4 to 11 now. But one of the Final Duel I (Vader & Palpatine) gonna stay seal for future "uses" and so do the Sith Lords 3 packs I gotten some time ago (till I get double). Now my IRG got his Emperor to protect! ;)

Heehee Lukedecop, my IRG need friends of his size to protect him from the SD figures. As for Beany Maul, he's still whining about Padme Buddies choosing Maul 12" over him and her plan to kidnap his robe cause Padme want to dress up like her Maul! :p

25. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Went to Taka yesterday and they have the Republican Gunship re-stocked... but no discount.
    And I saw they have about 10 boxes of Tie Fighter at a price of $39.9 (usual 49.9). Those who missed out on the Tie Pilot is a good opportunity to grab one now, and you get a stormtrooper to go with it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.