Anyone Dressing Up This Year???

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by PadawanFinney, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanFinney Jedi Padawan

My clan and I are lining up at Edward's for the premiere this year. Are any of you planning to line up there as well? If you are, will you be dressed up? Can't wait to see everyone in their Jedi/Sith-wear!!!
  2. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    I would like everyone to meet my wife audrey, she is new here. and yeah i'll be dressing up! hehe
  3. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    whoa! you got married?? wait...i was there...wait...i was the best man...um....hi
  4. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    uh yeah, derr, too bad i couldn't have a star wars themed wedding, but we did have the end title ceremony play as the recession, hehe. anyways figure out what your wearing yet???
  5. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I still haven't decided. The hardcore fan in me says "Go to a Midnight showing, must dress up". However, my latest costume (A darksider costume made by DS_George's g/f) needs a new belt to hold my Parks Saber. I had to carry the damn saber around the last 2 Halloween's, because the saber is too damn heavy for the belt. ;)

If I can get those mods done to the belt, then I will. If not, then I won't.
  6. Bladion Jedi Padawan

Hey, anyone know of a place to get a good cloak pattern? My cloak that I made for the 1997 SE's got tossed a few years ago. Probably around the same time I moved out. Anyway, I want to make a new one but want to find a good pattern to use.

And where is everyone going to be seeing ROTS at? I'm going to go to Edwards tomorrow to pick up a bunch of tickets. I'm trying to get together a group of 20 or so. We had about 40 people, I think, at a 7:00PM showing of TPM.

If anyone here is going to go to Edwards, let me know. I'll bring my Saga Edition Trivial Pursuit!

-Bladion
  7. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    most of us will be at edwads, we already got our tickets and trivial pursuit sounds great. i dont have 50 bucks right now to get it or else i would... but i did have 120 to get the darth vader and anakin force f/x master replicas sabers! muahahhaha. they arent as sweet as the parks sabers but they sounds they make and the way they ignigte are too cool for words. as far as the pattern goes if you know someone who can so, i can hook you up with one or just search online.
  8. Bladion Jedi Padawan

as far as the pattern goes if you know someone who can so, i can hook you up with one or just search online

I plan on doing most of the work myself since I was able to do it on that other costume. As far as searching online, the closest I've come to something that would work is some women's costumes that aren't even full-length cloaks on eBay. Not gonna work for a 5'11" guy.

As far as when and where, I picked up tickets for my group today and we're also going to be at Edwards. We should have someone in line for us (most likely) about 4 or 5 hours before show time....my pops. At least that's what he did for E1 and the Special Editions. I'm sure that's his plan this time 'round, too.

And hey, if you can hook me up with a pattern for a cloak that wouldn't be too difficult, that would be great. Just let me know.

-Bladion
  9. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    My wife and I plan on getting in line as early as possible, which is 6am, at least it used to be when turner security was there, its different security now. i'll dig up that pattern and post you the link. later.
  10. Bladion Jedi Padawan

My wife and I plan on getting in line as early as possible, which is 6am

I would probably do the same, but I've got a major Lit final that day as well as work. And even if that wasn't the case, my wife and I would have to take our daughter back home so grandma could watch her before the line went inside. And that's a good 45 minutes, round-trip. With gas being around $2.60/gal, I'd rather not have to do that.

What screen did you get? We're on screen 11.
  11. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jedi-Finney and crew, Id love to see you guys again, its been waaaaay too long, perhaps and its a long shot, that I may be able to show up... The Garrison is doing huge showings up in Modesto, thats where all the action is going to be this time in the valley.

I will send my Dewbacks to provide shade!! lol
  12. donsolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was trying to get together a full jedi costume, but I'm to lazy to finish it... all I got done is the robe

this is what I used to make it:
    http://www.rebellegion.com/jedigarb/robe.html

Pretty basic, I used some $1/yard fabric from walmart and dyed it brown... came out pretty good I think.
  13. aero- Jedi Knight

star 2
    my wife is FINALLY coming to terms with the fanboy in me and has decided to make my newest cloak for me while i'm constructing my new saber :D

i will be bringing some new ep3 sabers to mainplace though..i saw some at walmart and droooled :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.