main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else a little unimpressed with Grievous?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by VADER707, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ambitious

Darth_Ambitious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    Grievous was a poor exscuse for a villan. At best he was a waste of time!

I mean the guy had bead dialogue, a crummy voice, and I did I mention wha a fantatic jedi killer he was. Grievous is lame!

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    He established the character Darth Vader, proving an organic creature can successfully be forged with electronics and mechanical components and function as a killing machine. Regarding his skills against the Jedi, it was implied with all the lightsabers in his cloak. If he were too awesome, he's cast a shadow over Vader and fans would be asking why he was so incredible, Vader doesn't seem to be, and why so little onscreen time was dedicated to Darth Vader. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

3. Darth_Ambitious

Jul 3, 2004
    HE looks far more advanced than Vader

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    He does? He's like a walking robot skeleton. Compared with Vader, he's like a Model-T compared with this year's Ferrari.

5. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    R8THTMAN ? Ha, had. You did tell me so. As did others who said the General would be a master of Suckiness.

But hey, at least I was one of the first people who believed the General even existed on that fateful day that AICN dropped the story about him. So I spent a year and a half serving people crow. Might as well eat a little bit myself.

As far as ?establishing? Vader, it wasn?t necessary. The movie shows the entire surgical process. We see him being turned into a cyborg. That establishes him. We didn?t need to a Jedi with a mechanical limb to know Anakin could get one in AOTC.

But Greivous from a pure functional standpoint seems to be a much more agile form of machine. How funny is it to hear GL say that Vader moves slow in ANH because he?s old. He has mechanical parts! His physical age makes no difference.

I also never understood where the ?General? got his war experience. If there has been peace in the galaxy for millennia, an no armies, where would a ?General? gain such a distinguished war record like Grievous supposedly has??

Just another aspect of his lameness, unfortunately.

6. Darth_Ambitious

Jul 3, 2004
    Sapient, Grievous is slim and agile. Vader is fat and bulky. Grievous is like a flying monkey, Vader is the slow turtle. Grievous would school Vader is a fight if the force wasnt used by Vader.

Vader is only better cuase he can use the force. Grievous is just worthless filler. The only thing I hate more than Grievous is Jar-Jar. It is time to realize ROTS isnt perfect like everyone believes.

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Wha...? :eek: Are you being seriously?

8. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i really liked grievous - his character, established as one who runs away when things get tough (as mace said, he's a coward) is not unlike your local bully. it takes all kinds of villians to make a saga - they're not one dimensional and always all-powerful. loved his cough and his achilles heel that obi wan exploited. and i think the way the capes move on all the CG characters is a stellar example of the wonders of ILM. can't believe anyone would find fault with this.

9. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I also never understood where the ?General? got his war experience. If there has been peace in the galaxy for millennia, an no armies, where would a ?General? gain such a distinguished war record like Grievous supposedly has??

"There hasn't been a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic"

Now, it might just be me, but I take that to mean a war that took place over the entire Galaxy and included a majority of the Galaxy's systems (surely specifically saying "full-scale war" implies there has been smaller ones). Just because there has been peace in the Galaxy in that respect, doesn't mean there hasn't been wars on individual planets or small systems where Grievous could have gained his experience. There hasn't been a World War since 1945 so I guess that means no one on Earth could have experience in battle right :confused:

And its never said there are "no armies" in the Galaxy, in fact in AOTC Lama Su says the Clone army is one of the finest they've ever created, so obviously there are other armies out there.

Were you just trying to complain for the sake of it with that post? Did you even think about your points? 8-}

10. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    "i really liked grievous - his character, established as one who runs away when things get tough (as mace said, he's a coward) is not unlike your local bully. it takes all kinds of villians to make a saga - they're not one dimensional and always all-powerful. loved his cough and his achilles heel that obi wan exploited. and i think the way the capes move on all the CG characters is a stellar example of the wonders of ILM. can't believe anyone would find fault with this."

You HAVE to be related here, the way you gush.........lol

And believe it, the character was a poor concept, pulled off poorly. Total crap to the movie. Tell Georgie that for me too....................[face_mischief]

11. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    Grievous was a more entertaining villain than Sidious, just for the record [face_peace]

12. Sidious_T

Jun 2, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

Wow, whatever your on, give me some.

13. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    You got it, its called "Common sense", I think you'll need a large dosage though [face_devil]

14. Sidious_T

Jun 2, 2004
    I will when you will too..........:p

15. THETRUEGRIEVOUS

THETRUEGRIEVOUS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    You try and keep up w/ four arms! plus, my cousin told me that in the novel Obi Wan uses the force through his mind to hold back the sabers or something. And mace limited his ability to fight by crushing his ribs in Clone Wars. Then he had an actual "chest" implanted and he couldn't fight as well. Look at the difference between the Clone Wars body and the ROTS body. You'll see the difference.

16. The-Reverend

The-Reverend Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Come on folks. With ROTS we get yet another useless/un-needed character added to do too little to late. General Grevious was a waste of time here. Lucas should've done himself a favour by sticking with only 2 Sith throughout the prequels. Think how better it would've been if it was Darth Maul holding Palps hostage to be killed by Anakin instead of Dooku? A character that did nothing in Ep2 and nothing here as well. Grevious' cough was not good. And don't give me that "It establishes Vader" excuse. Was that supposed to make us laugh? The addition of Chewie only proves how much not like Jar Jar he was. Didn't Lucas say that Jar Jar was the comedy relief that Chewie was in the original? The fact that no one laughed at Chewie or the Wookees in this proves him wrong, and that Jar Jar was a big mistake from the get-go. It's obvious that Lucas put Jar Jar further and further back as the prequels went along because of this. The downfall of Jar Jar's role in the PT is a punch in the face to all praisers that defended that character. Jar Jar, Dooku and Grevious were a waste of time and took focus from the main characters.

In my opinion it was unwise to add a new Sith character with each film.

And I see Darth Sapient, that other members are throwing around in this thread words like "lame", "stupid" etc.. yet you do nothing.

How hypocritical of you.

17. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Even tho he is a sort of walking contradiction, I found him to be funny. "You fool! I've been trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku" and then he twirls his lightsabers around and laughs like Dr Evil. Funny thing is, that he gets nothing done. He is supposed to be this ultimate Jedi killing machine and he gets killed by a blaster. I thought it was funny for some reason. But I do like the way he looks tho. His voice is irritating (hmm..Gary Oldman would've been great Grievous I think) His lizardwalk was funny too. And coward characters are allmost allways amusing. :)

18. Miiike

Miiike Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2001
    Since when is he the ultimate Jedi killing machine. There are references in the film that he kills a few Jedi. So what, presumably, there are many Jedi who really are not that good. They all are not Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin level. I think spoilers may have created an impression/expectation of the character that was not there and, dare I say it, spoiled your viewpoint.

Is he a developed character, no. However, there are many undeveloped characters that have significantly added to SW (i.e., Maul, Boba Fett (though more developed now), Jango Fett, certain Jedi on the counsel).

19. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Allrighty then! I'll take it back. I guess I had clonewars cartoon on my mind. I suppose you're right, he hasn't been established as this ultimate jedikilling machine. Poor choise of words. Sorry.

20. Sidious_T

Jun 2, 2004
    Grevious was not a Sith. Just a pawn.

21. SEPARATESICKLEROOK2

SEPARATESICKLEROOK2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Greivous' time to shine was in the Clone Wars cartoons. he killed his way through coruscant to capture the chancellor, but as he tried to escape with the chancellor, mace confronted and force crushed him. that is why grievous was breathing like that, he was clearly injured. I was impressed that he could still hold it together after what happened to him.

22. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I agree ... he also had his time to shine in LOE too. ROTS is sorta the downhill part of Grievous' life, :p.

23. par-thon

par-thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    i strongly disagree greivous was cool i know he was kind of minor but he did lots a cool stuff greivous is pimp

24. par-thon

par-thon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    well vader needed a suit to breath and all his parts mostly still worked grevious was a heart brain and lungs so the tech is at level greivous just looked prettier

25. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    He was much cooler in the clone wars microseries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.