Anyone Else Disappointed With The "Across The Stars" Video?

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that I, for one, am not too impressed with the Across The Stars video. I mean the music is awesome, but there was no new footage. The Duel Of The Fates video showed so much more new footage in comparison. The only new stuff I saw was with Elian Sleazebaggo and a brief glimpse of new Republican Gunship action. Anyone else feel my pain?
  2. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: . I loved the video. Sure I didn't actually listen to the music and there was only one new scene, but I still liked it.

I'm also sure a whole lot of people are gong to be upset, if they set their timers for 4 - 4:10 or something like that. The video didn't come on until 4:10.
  3. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I saw it with random, it was totally dissapointing, overall.
  4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well I missed out on it because for one, I didn't know what time it was on and two, my nephew had taken over my tv playing video games... I saw it posted at the official site today and was going to download it, but for some reason the site kicks back saying I need quicktime version 5.0.2 which I have the crack version of quicktime pro 5.0.1 lol. I was going to hunt down the newest crack version but after reading your verdicts on the video, I won't even waste my time. It's disappointing to hear, I was expecting something good...
  5. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
    I liked Across the Stars. It will fit into the movie well. I don?t even care that there weren?t many new scenes. Getting the four trailers makes up for it. If everything released were full of new scenes, everyone would be crying that all the good parts were already shown. Besides, there is only two weeks to go. Then we?ll have to wait another two/three years before we get anything new.
  6. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    I liked it. I was involved in band for what feels like half my life, and when I get to see the London Symphony Orchestra play, I get chills. :D
  7. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not disappointed with the video itself. I'm disappointed that whoever compiled it didn't add any new scenes to it. This was too overhyped for me. I didn't expect it to be the trailers strung together. I thought it would be more in the style of Duel Of The Fates, but I guess I was wrong. Oh well, at least Across The Stars is a good song.
  8. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am a musician myself, and from a musical stand point it was bantha poodoo. Then again, I have a mullet....
  9. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    You call what you do music?

Just kiddin.
  10. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I was skeptical of "Duel of the Fates" when it came out; I just didn't think a music video was the best way to attract the MTV audience. The music was great... but face it, most kids who are in MTV's target audience aren't going to get all hyped up about a movie soundtrack featuring John Williams' music. The same could be said for "Across the Stars" in that even Britney Spears' slow songs ("Don't let me be the last to know") don't fare as well as the more high-tempo ("Oops I did it again") singles.

Fortunatly, the video from "AtS" was more a medaly of various themes from the soundtrack (to showcase both the romance and action of the movie). But the one thing that disappointed me was the lack of new footage. Yes, I consider myself "spoiler-free," but it's so close to the release; I need even small clips of new footage.
  11. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Please, please tell me you don't listen to Britney Spheres.
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops DonC... I listen to Britney Spears. But I mostly watch her, mostly.
  13. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Heh.

I have a few of her songs on my MP3 list, but lately I have been skipping over her songs, I'm not in the mood.

Wait, I've been skipping over most of the somgs on my 10 hour playlist... :D
  14. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh Random, you are so lucky these are PG rated boards...
  15. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    No Don, I'm lucky I haven't met Britney Spears, or I'd probably be in police custody right now...
  16. Darth-Zod Jedi Master

star 3
  17. Padawan92 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    First of all what is so bad about Britney Spears. I kind of like her music. Not her sometimes but hey no one is perfect.
    Second I thought the video was going to have more "new" images in it and so when I realized it was mostly from the trailers I was kind of upset. But then I watched the vido and it was fine.

The thing I didn't like is they call it the "Across the Stars" video but they added all different parts of the soundtrack like the main theme. What is up with that.?
  18. Tuebor Jedi Youngling

I put the video on my desk top at work and bounced between the video and CD most of the day. More the CD because the vid became too addicting to watch and I couldn't get anything done. It seemed to get better each time a la Duel of the Fates
  19. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Sup Tuebor?! I haven't seen you since the Nickelback concert. We had a second meeting, as if you couldn't tell. But you didn't miss much, we just b.s.ed mostly.
  20. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    I thought the video was going to have more "new" images in it and so when I realized it was mostly from the trailers I was kind of upset.

Well, I for one am glad LFL didn't add any new footage to the video. If you want more, we might as well just ask them to upload the movie for us. ;)
  21. Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Here, here Elan-Rai. The trailer was awesome and I look at the video as a trailer for the 'full soundtrack.' I love J Williams' music and especially his treatment of SW. The previously seen 'video' component is eye-candy icing for Williams' cake. IMHO.
  22. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that I thought the video was awesome. :D
  23. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey ELAN, that's a good idea, let's ask em to upload the movie. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.