main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else feel the AOTC forum is going down?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by T_H_X_SKYWALKER, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_H_X_SKYWALKER

T_H_X_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2002
    I happy that a lot more threads are getting
    along, than before. :)
    I just hope everyone who disliked AOTC,
    and who liked AOTC will just make friends.
    A BIG Thank you YODA JEFF you are the most
    helpful Mod here! Keep up the good work!
    :D

2. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    " I think. The past couple weeks, it just seems like people have become more tolerant of one another's opinion, which is a great thing. No one wants silly, juvenille drama in here. As long as posters who do nothing but cause trouble (think crimson space object) are summarilly banned, this should continue to be a great place to discuss the films."

I agree.

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    The fact that this thread has remained open and not turned into a gusher/basher flame-fest shows that this forum has improved over the last year. This time a year ago, a thread like this would have made it to page 12 in one day, with the last four pages being nothing but back and forth flames. The status of this thread fills me with hope for this forum.

4. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    1. Why do you visit this forum?

I don't visit this forum nearly as much as I used to. Mostly since it seems that everything that can be discussed without having an Ep.III has been discussed. There just isn't enough information from AOTC, by itself, to make anymore unique discussion.

2. What do you like about this forum?

I used to like some of the speculation for Ep.III when it was a prequel forum. Some of the pic threads have given me some nice images on my hard drive to play with. I also loved Holliday's thread. Mostly, I enjoyed some of the intelligent conversation before it went downhill to a bunch of fanboys arguing PT vs. OT.

3. What do you dislike about this forum?

Again, the basher/gusher arguments are far from any kind of incentive to visit. The topics are mostly redundant, and, frankly, uninteresting. Personally, I really don't care to discuss whether Mace is a traitor, whether Palpy = Sidious, or what was going through Padme's head at one point or another.

4. What would you like to see changed?

I don't think much can be changed. I think when the new spoilers start coming about, we will be left with some better discussion here.

5. Darth_Poutine

Darth_Poutine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2002
    Is this the same "AOTC forum going down" thread as before or a new one?

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    This is the same one that was started over a month ago.

7. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    the same.

I jsut read through some of the old pages and realized how much things have gotten better lately. Everyone seems more at peace and intelligent, threads like 'my aotc special edition' and 'which yoda do you like best' are good examples of open debate that normally would insite flame wars that have stayed intelligent but at the same time have shown distinct and differnt sides to the topics.

Congrats all, and keep up the good work.

:)

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Hmm, some good stuff in here.
    I'll try my best to keep this in mind when I post.

9. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Yeah what started a such a skeptical thread ended up so positive.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Since it's been about a month and a half since this thread was posted, does anyone have any new comments or concerns in regard to how the AOTC forum is running?

11. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    LOL I was jsut about to up this thread.

I think it all comes down to the day, some days this place is dripping with idiocy and other days its a lot of fun.

12. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Jeff, stop spamming the forum, please.

8-}

OK seriously, this forum certainly has its moments, like most others do. When there are disagreements, most of the time, they come with well-reasoned arguments on both sides, although this isn't always the case. I don't think you can ask for much more than that. The B/G threads have been closed in a timely fashion, and I think Jeff, you've done as good a job with this forum of any mod in any forum.

I'll be expecting my check in the mail ;)

13. ksid

ksid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Today I'm having fun.

Nobody is insulting each other. Or being too serious.

Edit: And Yodajeff is a fair mod. Which makes the board fun.

I object to the negative name of this thread though ;). j/k.

14. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    agreed.

I always take note of who is around on the good days. I have a pretty good idea who the trouble makers are.

15. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    IMO, this board has improved.

16. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'd say it's improved. I took a break from here about 2 months ago. I returned recently and there isn't as much hostility... which is cool since that's why I took a leave to begin with.

17. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    good to have you back

18. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    Anyone else feel the AOTC forum is going down?

not going down but more quiet

bcs i think we handled every topic there was to discus about the movie

19. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Just to address something that I think is a legitimate question that often gets used at the wrong times, in the heat of an arguement:

"If you (bashers I assume) didn't like AOTC, why come to the AOTC forum? Why not stick to the OT forum?"

My answer is this:

This is where the action is, this is where the majority of people post on a regular basis. Plus its still pretty new, I've had 20 years to discuss the OT, I've run out of things to debate over and I think the consesus is at the very least that ANH and ESB are masterpieces, and most really like ROTJ. Not to mention the OT is what brought us all here, so we can generally assume everyone likes it. Where as AOTC is a hot bed of debate, it polarized fans, as the PT has in general. Its not just that some like it some don't. Generally people either find it to be better or equal to ESB, or like myself find it to be the weakest in the whole SW saga. So there's bound to be more excitement here.

Hope that helps.

20. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Good explanation, RS. The liveliest debate certainly seems to take place here in AOTC. But sometimes it's just calm and peaceful to cruise through the OT forum, where it's not so much debate as sharing of viewpoints and memories. Makes a nice contrast to this forum ;) Hell, even Ree Yees and I found some common ground in the OT forum! [face_shocked]

21. RogueTrader

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow! Someone found common ground with Ree Yees. :D

Thanks for the welcome back, Scum(b).

22. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Amazing but true, RT! ;) We both love the Ralph McQuarrie concept painting of Cloud City from ESB. I have a signed print of it framed in my apartment, and is one of my most cherished pieces in my collection.

23. RogueTrader

Feb 7, 2002
    Yeah, I saw some of his paintings during the Magic of Myth tour. They were astonishing. I'm an artist myself and I think Ralph's work and imagination are brilliant. You've got a great display piece, RG. Hang on to it.

24. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    eVERYONE ewho posts here is a fan of AOTC!

Thats a fact!

25. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I feel the forum has improved dramatically. Very little basher/gusher wars and a lot more creative debates. An dthose that were known for flaming have gone the way of the Doo doo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.