main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else feel this issue with Attack of the Clones? Has nothing to do with acting at all.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by BoromirsFan, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You chose my post, containing a small point of contention with AOTC, to quote in order to launch into all that? Wow. If you read my posts in general you'll see I like AOTC, I like the PT, and I like viewing all six movies as equal installments of the Saga. I just happen to think that the Jedi striking poses in those one or two shots of AOTC happen to look cheesy. No need to look for something larger when it isn't there.

2. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I agree. Boba was not necessary. But he?s also a bit character in ESB. He was not given the finale scene faceoff with Luke!! See his screen time matched his level of significance. Maul, given that his scenes, is completely underdeveloped. He is really completely unecessary in relation to the plot, yet he is the key character in the finale fight. It's again, just bad storytelling.

This is the dumbest piece of criticism I have ever come across. Exactly how did you expect Qui-Gon to lose his life, allowing Obi-Wan to become Anakin's Jedi master? Have Sidious take part in the duel himself, and expose himself before he can assume power?

Maul served his purpose in TPM - he acted as Sidious' apprentice by tracking down the heroes to Tatooine and participating in a duel with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, sealing Anakin's fate by killing the one man who could have been the right Jedi master for the latter.

And at least Maul wasn't carried over into the next movie, where he was "killed off" in a very irrelevant manner.

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Maul's death was pretty shocking at the time, and creative.

I thought it was kind of symbolic/heroic that Obi-Wan uses Qui-Gon's light saber to dispatch him.

i really don't think fans expected two of the duelists to bite the bullet!

4. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    The whole movie is flat. It doesn't pick up until over an hour into it and even then the acting is stiff, the script weak and the story dull. As 5th in a series it's pretty good, certainly on the production level (most of it looks amazing) but it just falls flat on so many levels that it never really works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.