main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Anyone Else feel underwhelmed by the marvel art?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Ganner, Aug 1, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've liked most of the artists, especially Stuart Immonen and John Cassiday and John Deodato and Marco Checheeto and Luke Ross and Phil Noto and Mark Brooks and Alex Maleev so, no, I have not been underwhelmed even in the slightest.

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. jafo

jafo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    They have had good art, great art and some not so good art. As has Dark Horse. Larrocca gets a bad rap but he can seriously draw good art, see his earlier work for proof. Doug Wheatley drew incredible stories, but look how long it took him.
    Which opens the question of 'late and nice looking books' or 'on time with a few rushed bits' books. In my mind I say don't solicit a book until you can ensure it hits its deadlines. Take your time by all means, but don't interrupt the run in the middle, especially of a mini - that just makes me instantly lose interest out of frustration

3. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004

Some of it just comes down to the inking and the particular colour palettes that the colourist has used. See Phil Noto's work on Poe Dameron, where everything seems to have a bit of an orange/brown tint, versus the much brighter colouring done by Arif Prianto. Similarly, the very dark inking and colours used on the first Darth Vader run by Larroca and Delgado suited the feel of the comic, but don't quite work as well on the main Star Wars series.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It is like that across the spectrum in comics. Some books have great art...others not so much.