main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anyone else feeling uneasy about the possible spin off films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthTunick , May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We've been around and around on Vader being in the new movies... it's had its own thread, too. And there is more to SW than Vader, which Disney surely knows. It wouldn't be like a Superman movie without Superman in it.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, it's more like producing five x-men movies and not having Magneto in a single one of them. Not gonna happen.

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, we'll see. I'm just saying it's not a foregone conclusion, especially for the ST. More on Vader can go to that thread, too.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why would it go in the ST thread when it is more likely he'll feature in the Boba movie that is probably going to happen?

For the same reason I expect Yoda to appear in one of the spinoffs. He could hook up with Obi-Wan when Luke is kidnapped or so.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, true... I was thinking the Darth Vader thread was general to all future movies, but it does say Episode VII in its title.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I mostly worry about the quality... Disney has the resources--or can acquire them--to create as many films as they want, and they could all have excellent casts & crews & be wonderful films. I worry that too much corporate meddling might hamper them, tho... too many focus groups, vice presidents of whatever giving notes, studio heads playing favorites with one movie while throwing another under the bus, even too many restrictions about what the "brand" can do.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  7. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

You asked for it...

and you got Bossked.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, that Robot Chicken Bossk clip is a classic. =D=

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't use the word "uneasy" to describe my feelings about the spin offs but I'm no where near as interested in them as I am with the ST, does anyone else feel this way?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Me.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Kasdan is on one of them, we'll be fine.

12. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah I'm a little worried about these spin-off films. It's like Disney's got control over Star Wars and now wants to spurt out as much stuff as possible.......
    We're in the money! We're in the money! LA LA DEE DA DEE DA DEE DA-DA DEE DA!

[​IMG]

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Can we really fault them for wanting to make money off a franchise they just spent 4 billion for?

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You should have read the fine print on the press release: "Walt Disney Benevolence Productions is a non-profit, 501 (C) 3 corporation and charitable organization dedicated to providing free entertainment at no cost to the public regardless of high financial risk to themselves, their investors, or their fiscal portfolio". It's all very noble.

Darth_Pevra and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'd be happy with any of the cool characters. Just take us on an adventure of any of the classic bounty hunters (Zuckuss anyone?) and we'll be happy.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I still think that one of the spin-offs should focus on bounty hunters... whether as an ensemble type thing or having the others appear in some capacity in the rumored Boba Fett spin-off possibility.

17. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    I am more excited about the spinoffs than a new trilogy.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  18. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Judging by your avatar, I hope all your fondest hopes & dearest wishes come true! :p Yub Nub, brother, den-gar!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am excited about the spin-off films but I do worry that they may not be any good. I would love to see a Darth Maul spin off film vs Obi-wan kenobi which should take place between episode 3 and 4. I am also pumped up about Star wars Rebels show coming up!

20. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Uneasy, no not really. The whole point of a spin off is to say "Hey! check out what's going on over here!". They literally have an entire universe of history to play with. Teenage Han Solo getting kicked out of ImpAcad? done. Kyle Katarn (casual fan: who's kyle katarn ---omg he's a bad ass) done. Origins of the Jedi Order? done. Random Bounty Hunter flick? done. Should we be worried? sure. The whole point of fandom is to have stuff live up to your expectations.
    Long story made longer, we've all experienced things not living up to their hype. Just take it for what it is, talk about what we want, talk about what we dont want, agree that it will fall somewhere in between, and accept it for what it is. It's ******' Star Wars. We're all going to be there to see it. Love it or hate it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Watch what you do like. just give it all a chance (hell, a large number of people worked on the thing. at least show some respect and give it a shot).

Rabs likes this.
  21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    TBH I wish they'd have had a go at a couple of spin-offs first , there's less pressure on spin-off material .

with Episode chapters it's like it's official :' this is part of the genuine story you can't ignore it and if it stinks it stinks forever '

22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    35 years and counting tho ! I can't understand why they never done a tv series , it's bizarre .

is that Lemmy in your pic ?

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, it is.
    The one and only.

24. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Trick question. Lemmy is God.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Just try to nail him to a piece of wood, see what happens.

jedinightwing likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.