main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anyone else feeling uneasy about the possible spin off films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthTunick , May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    SHHH!!! you know that cannot happen. Think of the children!

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And they'll be hired by Vader to hunt for "bad guy" and then they will meet Han Solo and Chewbacca and later they will somehow manage to drag Vader into one of their fights. I think Disney will try to do with Star Wars what it did with Marvel. Tie all the movies together somehow through characters and plot devices and then profit.

Another example would be a Maul movie that involves the Emperor (small role), Obi-Wan, Owen, Beru and kid Luke.

3. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Honestly, if we had anything involving obi-wan with luke, and the Lars family...I would hope for nothing more major than what we saw in the Legacy comic (Hett vs obi-wan losing to have him dishonoured among the sand people and the raiders figuring "this wizard bested our guy, lets not mess with them"...seriously, its a good EU story if you're willing to spend $35.

4. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Has Disney mentioned the possibility of making an EU books as standalone movies? Shadow of the Empire would be a cool movie.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yeah, it would be. They would have to do something with Dash Rendar though because he is such an obvious stand-in for Han. Maybe replace him with Lando, that could work. :)

Carbon1985 likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

IT'S ALIVE... IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

plaidphoenix and DarthTunick like this.
  7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I remain more skeptical & uneasy then I did last May, since it's been confirmed (right?) that some spin-offs will occur amid the ST; And really, a Boba Fett spin-off? Really? Why not give another glorified near-background character their own spin-off?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Willrow Hood or nothing.

9. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Honestly, I'm not worried about the spin-offs at all. In my mind, all the pressure is on the saga films. The three spin-offs are kind of a fun experiment where Star Wars can try something new. They've hired young, upcoming directors and hopefully they'll have their own vision and make the spin-offs unique. I want them to take risks and do something different. And if they're terrible, eh, whatever. There will be 5 other Star Wars movies coming out!

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Because people like him and, even though he's been in four out of six movies and in the Clone Wars series, he's still mostly an empty canvas, EU backstory non-withstanding?

12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    When you say occur do you mean they will be released between the ST films? If so then yes. If you are asking whether we know the subjects, timeline, or content of the spinoffs then, no. We don't know anything. Nothing has been confirmed.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

JoinTheSchwarz I get that people like him... I'm just baffled by it, is all. I also get that, the EU non-withstanding, it makes sense for him to be the focus of a spin-off... regardless, I still take umbrage with the planned existence of the spin-off films. Just because it works for Marvel (I know, it's not exactly the same thing here, but it's the best example l can come up with) doesn't mean it's going to work for SW/Disney. Now, am I willing to be proven wrong here? Sure.

[quote="Dewback, post: 51596945, member: 223205]When you say occur do you mean they will be released between the ST films? If so then yes. If you are asking whether we know the subjects, timeline, or content of the spinoffs then, no. We don't know anything. Nothing has been confirmed.[/quote]

That's exactly what I meant.

Dewback likes this.
  14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    My only concern is that it may over saturate the market having a SW film out every year for 5 or 6 years and that casual movie goers get burnt out on them.

But from a purely selfish point of view I can't wait for them. I really hope they do a Vader spin off.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Well since they hired Tony To who did Band of Brothers and The Pacific I see some huge event miniseries being done so maybe instead of a Vader film they'll do a Vader series?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    That would be amazing.

It's funny that as a 10 year old once jedi had been and gone I thought SW was dead. Now look where we are, it's taken on a life of its own. It's hard to believe.

17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Some people complain we're about to be oversaturated with Star Wars, even if that turns out to be true... I plan on enjoying every moment of the ride. [face_cowboy]

[​IMG]

18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    The thing is, Disney are looking 40 years ahead here. They need the spinoffs to work because that's how the franchise will be sustained long-term. If the spinoffs weren't possible, the sale might not have even gone ahead and we wouldn't be getting eps VII-IX.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    "I feel good." - James Brown

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I haven't read otherwise (doesn't mean it's not out there, though)/anywhere that the spin-offs had to be a part of the sale; That would be incredibly silly, in my humble opinion. The saga has enough power & cache, even with a lot of the stink created by the PT, that it can be sustained, well should be able to be sustained, with just Episodes VII-IX.

21. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    To the tune of over $4b in profit?

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, not to that amount, but definitely an amount which would have been significant.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope we get some live action tv series' along the way.

jedinightwing likes this.
  24. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Rogue Squadron would be perfect for that

Darth_Pevra and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.