main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else get their membersip kit?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Gregatron, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregatron

Gregatron Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Forgive me if this is a redundant post.

In the mail today, I got a large manilla envelope. Inside were:

1. A Star Wars heritage preview card (ROTJ).

2. A SW Fan Club membership card with Vader on it (the "publicity" Vader, not an image from any of the films).

3. A coupon for the "Unifying Force" novel.

4. A Code 3 collectables 2004 calendar.

5. A SW TCG poster.

6. A SW Lego poster.

7. An animation cel(!) with original sketch attached. I don't know what it's from. It features 5 short, black figures with green outlines running to the left with spears in their hands. They don't quite look like Ewoks, but I presume that's the series it's from. Any guesses?

That's it. Anyone else get anything similar?

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yep I got the same package :) I believe the animation cels are from either Ewoks or Droids.

3. Gregatron

Gregatron Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    My guess is Ewoks. Short guys with sticks and all.

I wonder what episode? I haven't seen any of those shows since the original run!

And wasn't there supposed to be a letter from Lucas in the kit?

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I to got mine today. To me it looks like one great big advertisment pack. :(

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    My cell was a hat! I think it's neat, though.

6. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    My cell was a headless Ewok. Totally took me by surprise since I got something similar about 6 months ago. That cell was a head with a turban. Didn't look like an ewok though.

7. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    I got mine the other day. My animation cell is just of a head of some grinch looking character. I have to say that I agree that most of the package is mainly just one big advertisment. But it was cool to get the cell though.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I got mine awhile back. My cel was a female Ewok. After seeing some of the other peoples' descriptions of theirs, I was glad mine actually looked like something!

9. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    I got mine last week, I got a tree.

10. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I got a rock

No I really got a "shadow" (just all black, no colors) of what I am assuming is the Ewok "King"

Plus all that stuff, minus the Heritage card.

11. REBO1971

REBO1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    My animation cell was four squiggly black lines. That's all. No people, no Ewoks, nothing but four squiggly black lines. Kind of a disappointment.

I was excited about the rest of the kit. My membership is actually ending, so I was surprised to even get it. I really liked the Lego poster. I collect the Legos and the poster will look nice next to my collection.

12. DARTH_DORKINS

DARTH_DORKINS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    I just got mine. No letter from Lucas like promised. The cel I got is a green arm reaching for a coat with a snake on it. I think its Gaff's arm from droids. I doubt these cels were aired. If they were they would have a studio seal and certificate with them. Plus they shouldn't have been glued to the production drawing. (I use to work at an animation art gallery) This kit really stinks. Why not give a whole pack of heritage cards? Is it really that much to ask? The posters I could have gotten at Toys R Us. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten a cel like the one they show in the hyperspace tour.

13. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Yeah, this membership kit is mostly paper advertising junk. This Heritage promo card should have been sent out with the subscriber's version of SW Insider, instead of the newstand one. So previously picking that up, now I have two. Joy. Especially sad is the fact that you get the 2004 calendars with only two months left in the year. Nice. Real nice.

FYI, the film cell I received is a 5" x 4" picture of the back head and torso of a naked ewok. Kind of interesting, but nothing to put on the wall or anything. Now, that picture of the ewok "hat" that somebody mentioned sure sounds awesome . . . .

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I got mine, the cell is the back veiw of the grinch like guy with the original animator's blue pencil marks on it as well as a couple initials/notes, I though it was very cool!

15. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    My first cell was so lame that I threw it away. This one is an ewok though, so I'll keep it or give it to my little sister, who is a huge ewok fan. The rest of the kit was the same old stuff they sent back in the spring except for the Heritage card of Leia. I'm not too impressed with the kits. Maybe next year will be better.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just got another membership kit in the mail over the weekend. I thought I just got one earlier this year. What's going on? ..and what's with the 2004 calendars, last I checked 2004 is almost over.

17. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    You guys were lucky. My husband and my friend both got a cell of a yellow broom. LAME!

But, at least the mystery is solved. We were starting to think we'd done crazy. "Why would Lucas sent us a broom?"

A letter would have been nice. Or, a headless Ewok!

18. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yeah.I got a membership kit yesterday that was exactly like the one I got back in the spring. Only this one had a ROTJ heritage promo in it,so I was glad to get an extra one. :)

19. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I got one the other day. I think it's my second one of the year, too. Probably has something to do with renewing.

Anyways, the animation cell I got this time was pretty good. Last time, I think I just had someone's feet, and this time, it actually had a face.

20. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    This is wierd.....

I got another 2004 membership kit yesterday, this time it had the ROTJ Leia/Jabba card, and another Ewok cel. However, this one was better than my first one--it's a gray arm! [face_laugh]

21. darthsmozers

darthsmozers Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Mine had a cell featuring the head of a pink ewok. at least its something recognizeable :)

22. ATATDRIVER15

ATATDRIVER15 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Hi Guys, new guy here in the board but all in the Star Wars world!!!

I got my membership kit one week ago and my cell actually is pretty good, is a big drawing of a dewback in green with a few other colors. Last year I have the ewok cell, so I guess this one is not bad at all.
    I was surprise that there was no letter from anyone though.

Orlando

23. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I havent gotten anything. damn. its been months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.