main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else getting sick of the Revan hype?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Valyn, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I seriously have no idea who this Revan is. [face_plain] (Perhaps I'm lucky?)

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Revan is a central figure in the Knights of the Old Republic game for the Xbox. I say "central figure" as to avoid spoilers, should you ever decide to play the game. :)

3. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    Ah, KotR. I am planning on buying the game (part 1, that is, part 2 is here too but part 1 is cheaper right now :p) for the PC.

4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Well, then I'm glad I didn't spoil you. You also might want to steer clear of this or any other Revan thread until you do play it. You wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, now would you? ;)

5. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I'd say Revan was pretty friggin' powerful...but there is no telling how powerful.

I'd at least say he's more powerful than the Emporer but not the Skywalker's.

6. Nur_Ab_Sal

Nur_Ab_Sal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2004
    Actually Revan is nothing more than a lightsaber waving thug. He doesn't even know any sith magic like Exar or Freedon. Kyle Katarn would kick his ass...

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Why the heck would people say that Revan is more powerful than Sidious?!

8. Darth_DSpice

Darth_DSpice Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok all you people are saying that Vader, Palpatine, and others are more powerful than Revan. How are they more powerful than Revan. They showed up in movies so they must be very powerful and more people know about them. If you all are going to bash Revan then at least prove it like all the hyped up fans of Revan providing proof of his greatness. Revan is canon and he was the first sith lord to use the title Darth. You ppl are providing no reasons why Revan is weaker than Sidious or whoever or why you condsider him underated. By the way Revan uses a lot of force powers play Kotor for PROOF.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Revan was so great that he didn't expect treachery from his apprentice--when that happens to be the Sith way.

He failed as a Sith Lord. He failed as a Jedi.

Then he redeemed himself and defeated his apprentice and destroyed the Star Forge. And then, instead of sticking around to help clean up the mess he created, he took off to investigate what real Sith do.

:rolleyes:

Papatine conquered most of the known galaxy and established a Sith Empire that ruled for around 20 years and is still, after a fashion, in existence.

And why would anyone need to explain why Vader would own Revan? Revan dabbled into things that were so beyond his understanding that he became corrupted by them (just like Kyp Durron). Vader is the Chosen One, concieved by the Force to save the Force.

Revan is just a glorified Kyp Durron.

And btw, I think most people in this thread are actually fans of Revan. But it's hardcore enthusiasts like you that grate on our nerves.

We're opposed to the innane hype, not to the character himself. But that information always manages to elude you squealing fanboys. [face_plain]

Moreover, in case you haven't noticed, we haven't been complaining about the hype for a while. And now you, in all your arrogant self-rightousness, decided to find out why we all were hating on your Revan ho without even bothering to read previous posts in this thread.

This is ridiculous. [face_plain]

10. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    I am tired of all you die hard vader and sidious fans. Vader failed as a sith because he redeemed himself and it wasn't until he turned to back to the light side that he snuck up on the emperor and cheaply threw him down a huge something. Vader was nothing but a robot who defeated a guy that was distracted just like how sidious killed his master in his sleep because he couldn't defeat him face to face just like Malak couldn't defeat Revan face to face. Yes, Revan left the Republic to fight an empire by himself. Revan led an army that eventually led to the Republic's collapse. He then gave it enough time to rebuild to be able to fight off the sith at the battle of Ruusan. What did Vader do to bring balance to the force because dark jedi just came back a few years later.

BTW its all of you bashers that make talking on forums no fun at all. If you don't want to hear about how so great someone is then just ignore it instead of complaining like a 5 year old girl.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Bashers?

We started by venting about the Revan hype.

NP edit: Baiting.

12. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    i am not clinging to an RPG. I haven't played Kotor in like a few months. As a matter a fact Kotor is the only RPG I have ever played. I have been playing battlefront, republic commando, halo 2, Ghost Recon, and a bunch of other stuff.

NP edit: That's baiting, too.

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    ...All my days?

Before last week I was working 2 jobs, attending MBA classes, and spending what free time I had working on personal projects or working out.

14. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    When did I say I knew everything. Your the one who thinks he knows everything.

15. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I know that you blindly march into situations you know nothing about simply to ramble on about Revan's alleged greatness. I also know that you have enough time on your hands to waste away playing a horde of video games. ;)

16. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    5 or 6 is hardly a horde. Actually I was reading up on what you bashers or venters or whatever you call yourselves and decided to put my 2 cents down. Look who also has enough time on their hands to talk about how much you hate a video game character

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Please PPOR :)

18. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
  19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Post proof or retract.

20. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    Post proof of what?

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  22. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    Well anyway I am getting tired of this pointless argument, so see ya later. Next time if you make a point PPOR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.