main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else getting tired of Shadow Stormtroopers?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DarthMak, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    How lazy are these companies getting? Just take a stormtrooper and paint it black. It's sad. And some of them are "exclusive" and cost more. Give me a break.

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I've never been a fan of them myself either...whether you want to call them Shadow or Black Hole troopers.

The usual train of thought applies though. If you don't like them, don't buy them. Vote with your wallet.

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    What about Clones? Oh, just put a different color on them?

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Clones are far more important because they appeared in 2 movies. Blackhole stormtroopers were in like 2 or 3 EU stories.

5. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I can live with the shadow troopers, but only because of what they are. They're soldiers, so by nature they would be similar yet adapted to different uses. Besides, at least they aren't silver, like the "exclusive" figures from previous years. Or painted with "lava reflection." Or "holiday red." Or "hologram blue."

Just wait: Hasbro will create a silver stormtrooper and a silver shadow trooper. Both will be silver stormtroopers. They will be exactly the same, but with different names. And people will buy them both.

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Even though I am not sticking my hands in my wallet to buy them the word "clone" is seriously doing my head in I just cannot wait for the tv series to come along so I can see a mass wipe out of the clone army so we get back to what we know best "the stormtrooper"

7. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    ^^
    [face_talk_hand]

:p

I'm not really a fan of the shadow trooper. Pretty dull to me. I know that sounds shocking coming from a trooper freak like myself, but there's just something about it I don't like. Might be because it's from some old, obscure EU source, or that a black stormtrooper just looks so odd to me since I've only ever seen them in white my whole life. I've passed up everything released of it so far, though I'll most likely get the new Unleashed that's coming out to try to show some support for the line, however futile it may be.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I collect and own pretty well every variation of clones and troopers that there is but I will be passing on the Shadow stormtrooper. Hasbro is once again up to their old tricks and while they have sucked me in several times with their repaints they will not this time around. What is next a Silver Shadow Stormtrooper :)

9. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Don't forget the holo Shadow Trooper, and the black hole reflection Black Hole Trooper.

10. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    So, I guess Black Hole Troopers and Shadow Troopers never operated in each other's vicinity right? I mean, black holes can even suck in a shadow... Kinda risky.

11. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm sure there were Black Hole and Shadow Storm-er, Clonetroopers in the movies... somewhere. They were just all black, or camoflauged so you couldn't, um, see them.

Yeah, that's it.

12. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I think the Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper looks pretty cool. I don't know if I'll be buying it yet, but it'd be the first one I'd buy in that wave, even though I don't have the Anakin or Obi-Wan figures. What I'd have preferred would be for them to repack the original Unleashed Stormtrooper since I never was able to find it at retail.

13. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I don't even know anything about the storyline that the Shadow Stormtrooper is from, but I like it because I think it's a cool design and I like clones/Stormtroopers/whatever. The color changes on troopers don't really bother me because it's a way for Hasbro to easily make somewhat new figures inexpensively. I just don't get the ones I don't want (although I like most of them). I'd like to get the Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper because I like that design and scale.

14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I keep looking for the Shadow troopers... but I can't seem to find them :p

15. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    They're pretty dumb. You could paint a Stormtrooper or Clone like Rainbow Bright and people would gobble them up.

16. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Right on. I've never bought into any of the black hole stormtroopers. They are VERY LAME.

17. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Even though I am not sticking my hands in my wallet to buy them the word "clone" is seriously doing my head in I just cannot wait for the tv series to come along so I can see a mass wipe out of the clone army so we get back to what we know best "the stormtrooper""

I seriously doubt that the clone army will be "wiped out". I'm sure their armor will simply morph into what we know as stormtrooper armor. The clonetroopers' armor changed from AOTC to ROTS, but there was no "mass wipe out" of Republic personel that caused the change. The armor simply changes as time, tactics, and technology require.

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Only the battle droids, etc were wiped out and became obsolete when Palpatine took over.

19. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    How is it any different than all these other paint jobs? Kasshyyk battle droids? Gimmie a break. Repaints of clones that were NEVER on screen, c'mon.

At least the Blackhole ST was in a comic or two.

20. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    What I don't get are some the the things that they've made figures of that I've never seen in any source. I have to wonder if I just missed them or something... Like the flying clone trooper--I've seen the figure, but don't remember seeing it in the movies. Was it in the background somewhere? One of the cartoons? A comic or novel?

The Cruise-missile trooper was kinda interesting & strange, but a fun toy at least. Some of the other figures & vehicles though, have left me cold. Worse are the variations:
    Here's Boba Fett with a full circle on his gloves. Here he is with a 1/2 circle. Here's one with a crescent. Here's a lunar eclipse... Here's one with a profile of Barbara Streisand... WHO the Flip cares?

This is why I gave up collecting.
    That, and how many tatooine Lukes do you really need?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.