main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else going nearly insane?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I thought I would create a poll, but I wasn't sure what to make the levels, so I just thought I would post this. With each passing day, I find myself getting a little crazier with anticipation. It doesn't help that we hit a snafu or two which made it look like going would be difficult (all worked out), and that the pressures of a large test and work have been building up, but even without those factors I feel like I would be at this current level of mania. It's affected my sleep, inserting bizarrely and not-so-subtly masked dreams of potential failure into my slumber. I check the websites frequently, I've made checklists, I would pack the car if I didn't need to buy groceries in the next two weeks. Every weekend has something Star Wars related to it. This weekend, the first meeting of the Milwaukee group (which made the Journal Sentinel somehow), the next weekend will lead into April 23rd which means a mad toy rush, the weekend after that Peter Mayhew comes to town for a small convention, and then it's celebration II time. My molecules are actually started to hyper-vibrate causing my skin to physically hum. My sense of worry is constantly battling my sense of excitement. Anyway, just wanted to know if I was the only one approaching insanity from the long weeks between now and May 2nd.

2. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    No, there is another......
    I can't sleep...can't eat either..
    I can't wait!!!!

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [yoda] The insanity clouds everything... [/yoda]

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm not going insane :)

although I think my parents are....

5. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah I'm goin' nuts.

6. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I definitely am! In addition to all my plans for the Celebration: coordinating a trip for 15 people all coming from different cities at different times, volunteering with the C2 Ventures autograph area, and trying to be involved in lots of extra-curricular Celebration events, I'm also juggling tons of stuff for our Fort Worth FanForce Episode 2 line and premiere event. And somewhere in there, I'm also working 40+ hours a week.

I'm having a fun time of it, though. What a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

:D

7. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Well, my sleeping and eating hasn't been affected, yet. I'm sure I will start to get pretty manic when there's only about a week left, though. :D

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm going insane knowing I'll have to choose between 2 Star Wars things to do when they happen at the same time!!!

To quote Charlie Brown:
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

9. Darth_Dick

Darth_Dick Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    I am going insane for so many more reasons than this.
    Can I borrow about $37,000 from someone?

WOMEN!!!!

10. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Not insane but definitely giddy!

11. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm with Mirax, I'm walkin' around with a smile the size of the grand cannon on my face all week. I keep staring at my passes! I'm SOOO EXCITED!!! I've been temped just to get in the car and drive to Indy just to visit the location.

SO yeah! I'm probably slightly insane, just wait till the week before the convention. I won't sleep. No way!

12. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I've already had a giddy and difficult night sleeping over the idea of going to a wedding the weekend before Celebration last week.

So, give me the day before I leave for that wedding to be giddy and all that other stuff 24/7. :D

13. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I haven't had trouble sleeping as of yet, but I'm getting really, really excited. Especially since yesterday, I finished my first Jedi costume and paraded around my apartment wearing it while blasting the soundtrack for TPM. I haven't decided yet whether that makes me insane or not.....;)

14. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think that only depends on if you tried operating the stereo with the Force or not.

15. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'm also going a bit crazy, although it is edging more toward the anxious side. I'm not going to celebration, but between t-shirt orders, coordinating with our charity and local police, the uncertainity of the date for pre-sales, emails from friendly 'spies' telling me about people that want to get in line before us, figuing out what goes on our ID badges, talking to the lanyard vendor and stressing about liability issues, my week has been a bit hectic.

Oh, and I was on a business trip Tuesday and Wednesday and this afternoon I had to sit through a four hour computer training on how to use a program that I already knew how to use.

My future time is also CF loaded, meeting Sunday, bbq next weekend, meeting following weekend and then the line. Not to mention the countless emails and phone calls in the middle. I also need to make more time to post on the CF boards more.

sigh

ok, well, my rant's over... move along, move along. Hopefully next week a lot of the loose ends will be tied up and we can look forward to having fun in line.

And yes, based upon the time I'm posting this, it appears to be affecting my sleep.

~H~

16. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I have already bitten my nails off, so I am definitely going insane...this is my first convention ,and I am SOOO scared, I just hope that everything goes ok, I had to order my tickets at the last minute due to short cash flow, and I have to pick up my tickets there (GRRRRR........) so I am getting all paranoid thinking maybe when we get there they will be like "Oh I am sorry but we don't have anyone by that name listed here".......
    And I have to go to the convention on about $200, which means I won;t be able to really buy anything..............I am definitely going insane..............................................

17. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    I think I passed insane when I decided to go to Celebration 2 and booked the hotel and flights. The reason is I am already planning to go to Wonderfest, which takes place about 2 weeks after Celeb 2 in Louisville, KY. Then on top of that, I'm spending buku bucks to build the ultimate 3D computer graphics system so I can finally start doing full time what I got my college degree for. Then after the May madness, I'll be working on a demo reel for the SIGGRAPH convention in San Antonio at the end of July. So, things were crazy before Celebration 2 popped in to my mind like a jedi mind trick. Now, things are very VERY crazy.

My sleep has been affected, but I don't think by this. In a sense, the reason why I decided to go to Celebration 2 is to blow off a little steam anyway and make my life a little less crazy. Hopefully it will do that, or I might resemble Harry Houdini in a straight jacket by the end of the summer. :D

18. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    alright, yesterday was a good day, but when my dad starting tellimg me all the stuff he wants to know before I go, a bell went off in my head.

BOING!

Now, I'm so freaking excited I think I might do cartwheels everywhere I go instead of walking!

19. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Wow!! I'm here in Indy going crazy!!! The hype hasn't really started yet here. They did have the Children's Museum on the morning shows when the Art of the Starfighter exhibit opened, but that's it. I cannot imagine what I will be like to live with when all the crazy promos and ads start up. Then I'm sure the whole world will wish they were here. Too Bad world. I'm in and so are 25,000 of my friends. I can't wait to see all the costumes and artwork. SW fans are the best.

If all the world leaders were Star Wars fans, I think we would be be better off.

20. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I think I left insanity back in like July. Now I think i'm like Jurist and getting anxious and just a little frustrated.

With organizing Midnight Madness with a local TRU, then thinking about AotC and the line and all this other stuff. Whew....I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.