main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else having trouble finding a battle droid?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by FallenKnight88, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I'm actually surprised that the Battle Droid (NOT the SBD or the Droideka) is difficult to track down...least in my area (CA). I completely expected them to become peg warmers like the other two, but alas it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just my area?

2. Wolf3118

Wolf3118 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I certainly haven't seen any. *shrugs*

3. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    I saw it once and got it. Glad I did too.

4. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    They made TRU Midnight Madness for a reason...:)

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I've seen battle droids all over the stores around my area. I'm going to be picking up some to start my Separatist army along with the clones.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I saw them early on and then once again a little while ago, though since I am not interested in collecting them I haven't picked any up.

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I saw one probably two months ago. It was the first I'd seen since probably June. For that matter, I haven't seen any Super Battle Droids in a very long time. Droidekas are plentiful, however. I think Hasbro should try and get a battle droid Battle Pack out in the future. They're focusing so heavily on clones, when the purpose of the clones is basically to fight the droids.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I can't remember seeing one since the very early going myself. [face_thinking]

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I haven't seen one since Midnight Madness either.

I do like the idea of that Battle Droid Battle Pack.

I do have quite a bit of the Battle Droids left over from TPM figure line.

10. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I have not seen one for several months either. I see destroyer droids every now and then, and Kmart can't seem to get rid of its super battle droids. But the regular variety is pretty much totally gone.

11. hot_jedi_lovin

hot_jedi_lovin Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    I have been unable to find a Super Battle Droid at all. But I did find the regular.

12. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I remember seeing a ton of Battle Droids and SBD's back when ROTS came out. I still see SBD's every now and then. I saw my first Droideka last week picking up stuff.

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I've only seen two and I got one and that wa on 4/2

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The regular Battle Droid does seem a bit scarce these days. Part of that I think is by design though.

Hasbro released the Battle Droid as part of Collection 2 (as opposed to the more widely available Collection 1) and didn't really put them in too many case assortments outside of the original April waves. Meanwhile the SBD and Destroyer Droid are both Collection 1 figures.

I'm guessing it probably had a lot to do with how much the Saga Battle Droid hung around back during ATOC's movie year. I seem to recall it being a bit of a peg warmer after many of us realized it was a pretty sub-par figure. Since they were using the same mold once again (for reasons unknown to me, as it sucks) I guess they wanted to avoid having that happen again this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.