main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone else hope the ST gets partially inspired by "Legend of Korra"?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does anyone else hope the ST gets at least partially inspired by "Legend of Korra"?

Its predecessor, the three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender, dealt with a situation very similar to the OT... ending and all. (Mark Hamill was even in it!) Seemed like it was going to be happily ever after.

Then a sequel set about 70 years comes out, and deals with what happened after the evil empire was defeated. Featuring Korra, a brash but good-hearted young woman.

There are a lot of parallels and similarities (though none are perfect, of course). But there are 4 seasons of "Legend of Korra," and the third season just wrapped up today. I think it handles what comes "next" masterfully (the new threats follow similar themes but are creative and interesting and feel fresh, the drama is handled very well, characterization is good), and the makers of the ST hopefully heard of it and took a few notes. Don't want to spoil too much.

Does anyone else feel this way?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mav Edit: I don't think we need a thread about Legends of Korra.

2. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I have yet to catch Korra, but I adore Avatar. It is indeed very Star Wars, from the three lovable, well-developed main characters to the philosophical/magical elements to the world-building and mythology. Prince Zuko's arc was especially heartbreaking in all the right ways, and I'd love to see something similar happen with a character in the ST. Adam Driver perhaps?

3. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.