main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anyone else jumping off TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Oct 16, 2012.

?

What season do you want TCW to end with?

1. Season 5

10.9%
  2. Season 6

34.4%
  3. Season 7

20.3%
  4. Season 8

4.7%
  5. Season 9

1.6%
  6. Season 10 (NEVER END IT!!!)

28.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    I would like to see it and we probably will. It's fine if other little series of books/comics show it in their own way but I'd like to "officially" see it done. I have no doubt they'll do it, it's crying out to be done in a way to do it justice.

TaradosGon likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    All the sources I've seen show star wars ships as capable of traveling at least 150,000,000c, which would make trans-galactic travel take a day or two at worst, and a few hours at best.

3. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's already been officially done twice. And when in the ble hell has TCW done anything justice? [​IMG]

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Because things never change?

QuangoFett likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It will be officially done 3 times :p

6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Labyrinth of Evil and the television microseries were quite official. Once again, it's been done. Officially.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I never jumped on TCW in the first place, at first out of a genuine lack of interest, and, later, out of respect for all of those official works that already showed what happened during the Clone Wars, but are now suddenly and inexplicably unofficial, seemingly on the whim of a television show.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I agree. I'd prefer TCW to stand on its own with the films. It was fine back when the microseries came out. You could watch TPM, AOTC, Microseries, ROTS and have one contained story. Novels and comics might expand on it or delve into other tales that are tangential to the films, but with the films and microseries there was never really a "go read the book moment" to really understand what's going on. That was bonus material that you could go to if interested, but there weren't any glaring gaps in the tale that required it. But now the microseries and TCW have overlapped, and there are obviously some major discrepancies. I'd absolutely hate it if TCW just ended and left it to the other EU to flesh out what happens. Or for there to be no setup to ROTS and instead you're left to go read a novel or go watch the microseries. I don't want the final product to be an Easter Egg hunt of fractured and poorly re-mended continuity across different media. For TCW to lead into ROTS as a self-contained story with the films as "Lucas' vision" would likely require re-treading on ground already covered, which I'm fine with so long as they are committed to completing what they started, rather than Lucas getting TCW going, steamrolling over the EU vision in part to portray his own, but then turning around and giving up and leaving it to the EU vision to complete.

If Lucas wants to re-write the lead in, OK. If Lucas sees the lead in as already being good, then they could adapt the exact same story and events into an animated format 1-to-1 as best as possible with the same kind of straight-from-the-pages adaptation that some anime has done. But either way I'd like to see it as part of TCW.

ArrogantJedi likes this.
  10. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Forgive my ignorance but I've not heard of Reversal of Fortune before to my knowledge. Can you (or somebody) give me some insight into what that's about?

11. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I looked up Reversal of Fortune on the Wook and now have a decent idea of what it's about, though a detailed summary is still welcomed [face_batting] My next questions are where can I find this and was a print version finally released? I ask because:

"As of Celebration IV, a print version of Reversal of Fortune was being considered."

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    >Lucas vision
    >Implying he isn't as blind as a bat and just milking the cashcow

Also stuff like this is why SW canon is messed up in the first place

Zeta1127 likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Stories like Reversal of Fortune should be featured on TCW for it to be even better.
    Reversal of Fortune is what TCW stories should be - many POVs. Not just a centralized POV of overused characters.

14. EUdiscoverer1136

EUdiscoverer1136 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    I saw that too, but I think that may have been a miscommuniction between Chee and the publishures of the Visual Guide. The "Slaves of the Rebublic" is the one story arc which was adapted from a DH Graphic novella which came out during the season one run, but I'm pretty sure as far as series continuity goes, the episode still places in the Season 4 slot. Since Chee stated that from "Nightsisters" on, they are moving forward, so until he states differently, I'm going with that train of thought. It would be a little alkward to put it with Seaon one, since visually.. the animation models have been drastically updated in Season 4, and Ashoka looks much to old in that arc for it to be in the first year.

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Okay, time to own up. I have shown alot of hate towards TCW ever since I got on forums (actually before that). I recently have watched quite a few episodes, due to me being two full season behind and turned out to like the show. Now don't get me wrong, I still am mad at TCW for ruining my cannon but I will admit the show is entertaining and should go on for a few more seasons.

16. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I hope that tcw runs for eight seasons.

17. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    I already jumped off during Season 3. I still watch out of morbid curiosity, but I haven't really enjoyed it in a long time. It's been a rough few years to be a diehard Star Wars fan, and it's only gonna get rougher.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Ahsoka Tano is the single biggest mistake LFL has ever made, combined with disaster that is the post-NJO, has made it extremely saddening to be a diehard Star Wars fan indeed.

19. ElevationNation

ElevationNation Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2011
    I'll be honest TCW feels less important with all the Disney News. Since the live action TV show sounded like an impossibility, I always just assumed TCW would be our only avenue for new Star Wars or television content. Now that we know about the new films it feels quaint.

JediLight likes this.
  20. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    I have enjoyed this show ever since seeing the movie for the first time.

21. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    So what's going to happen to TCWs now that Disney owns Lucas Films.

Sorry I'm a little lost.

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    We don't know yet but The Hollywood Reporter which has reliable sources reports that after Season 5 has aired on Cartoon Network, for the shows continuation it will be moved to one of their own channels. Right now, Time Warner own the broadcast rights for Seasons 1-5, and this is renewed yearly, so that will expire after the end of the current one. I expect Disney will move it to one of their own channels though their is a small possibility it may stay with CN. I think the show will continue.

23. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok thanks for clarifying that.

I hope they don't ruin the show if they continue on a Disney Channel.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wish I can change my vote. Six is enough, especially since this season isn't shaping up too good.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I respectfully suggest that it last as long as SOME of us enjoy it (and those who don't, well, there are other options to semi-paraphrase Ben)... Of course, ad revenue/ratings will be the ultimate determinant.

AkashKedavra_93 and QuangoFett like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.