main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Jar Jar again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthHomer, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Hey now, leave poor Jake alone. We are to to bash Jar Jar ;) Just kiddin'

Yep, the battle was the most inappropriate time when Jar Jar was acting foolish. Maybe having lived thru a battle will have an affect on him. You know, when he went back with the other gungans and he realized some of his friends didn't come home. Plus, I would hope that after 10yrs, he has grown somehow.

2. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Anyone else think Jar Jar and Padme should have a relationship like Milhouse and Lisa in The Simpsons?

PADME: I don't think of you that way, Jar Jar. You're like a big sister.

JAR JAR: No, mesa not! Whysa people keep saying dat?

:)

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Of course, Binks is coolness. Okeydey?

4. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    deleted

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Hey jasman, I know your an admin and everything, but you really shouldn't be droping hints like that. We really don't appreciate that kind of input from spoiled members.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

6. DarthHomer

Apr 29, 2000
    Not that I'm crazy about Jar Jar, though. I just don't hate him.
    Watto is the CG character I'm really looking forward to seeing again.

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    If GL gets the character right this time, then I'm all for him. There's nothing inherently bad about the character, besides the clumsiness, and the annoying voice, and the cartoonish movements. GL has it made. All he has to do is get rid of all those annoying traits and say the character has matured over the intervening decade, and that's the way he intended it all along. Then he can also claim he was never influenced by the fan reaction.

I'm looking forward to seeing how totally and completely Lucas caved to the fan reaction and how totally and completely all the pro-Jar Jar fans will deny that's what happened.

8. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    You know, I honestly didn't think what I said was in appropriate, but after reviewing the rules and seeing your reactions, I admit that what I wrote was wrong. You all have my sincere apology. I will be more careful about this sort of thing in the future.

9. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I like Jar Jar, he made this grown man feel like the kid who first fell in love with SW.

J-

"If GL gets the character right this time, then I'm all for him."

That's strange, how exactly would you say the creator of the character got Jar Jar "wrong"? It's not like he's based on a real person. It's fiction, not science.

-Otis

10. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I would just like to quickly point out that in this thread, the non-spoiler rules it states, and I quote:

"2) There will be no alluding to (or any other version of hinting at) Star Wars, Episode II + III spoilers of any kind."

Unless that information has been officially released by an official source, than yes jasman, you were hinting at something that we, as non spoiler members, do not know.

You must understand, I am only trying to protect my fellow forum members, and am not condemning you in any way. I am simply trying you make you, and any unsure JC members aware.

Please understand. :)

11. QuiGonJinn

QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1998
    What "information"? Basically all he said is that Jar Jar doesn't do absolutely nothing. He didn't give any "information".

I understand that it's not easy to have a sense of humour when people are actually droping spoiler-bombs on these boards, but jasman really didn't say anything.

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    He was HINTING at spoilers.

For all we know from the trailers, Jar Jar is a nobody.

Jasman knows spoilers, and he was HINTING (i.e. alluding to) them.

Whether he told us any die-hard spoilers or not, it's still aluuding to spoilers, any way to slice it.

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I'm posting here because Windy asked me to.
    -----------------------------------------------
    I'm so sick of being spoiled here, I only read half of jasman's post. Look, guys, THIS IS SPECULATION. Look, you say "Puh-leez! There was nothing spoilerish in there!" Well, I didn't know that information from seeing the trailers and reading official stuff, but now I know it from you. How did you get that information, jasman, spoilers? Well, if that's the case (which I'm positive it is), then I can you were hinting at spoilers.

Just 2 days ago I had the whole AOTC movie ruined for me by one of the biggest spoilers in AOTC. There were several other people that got the movie ruined too by that one spoiler. The admins clean it up eventually, which was good, but people are still spoiled. The LAST thing we need is *Administrators* hinting at spoilers! Your job, as far as I know, is to protect the posters here from spoilers, not tell them more of them. Sorry, that sounds extremely counterproductive and very wrong. Honestly, you guys get mad at spoiled people who get their kicks by posting big spoilers here, right? Um, okay, then why do you do it yourself?

I think Jar Jar is a very cool character and I can't wait to see him progress in AOTC. I do not want to hear spoilers about him. If I want to hear them, the only way that should happen is that I would have to go to the spoilers forum or have some wacko come in here ruining the movie for us, right? Obviously not, admins do a fine job of it!

Sheesh people, come on, this movie has been ruined enough for me and other people, why do you have to do it more? Just to get your kicks? Well, I'd say you don't deserve the job if that's how you feel.
    -----------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if I came off harsh there, but this admin conduct is disgusting, and actually warrants harsher comments than what I made.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I really don't think Patrick Russell has much to worry about this time around.
    Be warned, he still won't come across as perfect, but like, 300% more likeable if not more.

And I agree with Jabbadabbado.
    What do you think it was he payed attention to the most? The internet ptitions, or the three years of whining on the fans part on internet message boards. Both have very strong pulls.
    On one hand you guys say he doesn't listen at all to what fansd want, then you turn right around and say he's caving into them like a battered slave.
    Make up your minds already. . .

15. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    cbjedi, you are defidentally a great admin, who has always been very protective of this forum. I hope that you do not feel as though we are all turning against you because we are not.

The fact of the matter is, even if RM did make a small sound bite for us concerning the role of Jar-Jar in Episode II, it certainly doesn't seem to me that jasman knows that. He could have simply stated, "hey, RM said this and this," but he didn't. Instead he decided to drop us hints as to what was going on. Obviously jasman's post is based on spoilers, or he would not have said "That's all I'm going to say. " To me, this is almost the equivalent of saying "I know something you don't know." Which is something that I know you and I have always frowned upon.

All you would have had to was remind our visiting admin friend that dropping hints was not allowed, and that would have ended that. Obviously jasman, you know more than we do about AOTC. Big whoop. Good for you.

I only hope that spoiled members do not look to jasman as an example of acceptable board etiquette....

16. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Thank you for your appology jasman, we are glad you realise that what you said was wrong, and we hope that you will come back here to post in the future.

Now what do you say we bring this thread back on topic? :D

17. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Agreed.

Let me add that IF Jar Jar acts in a more mature and responsible way in AOTC, it is NOT because GL caved in to fans' reactions. It makes sense to me that GL had this in mind for him all along. I just don't buy the idea that ANYTHING in the SW saga has been changed just to please the fans.

Was that OK?

:)

18. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    "You catch on pretty quick." ;)

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    DRAMA!

20. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Yes, that was quite dramatic, wasn't it? Let that be a little lesson for everybody here in the Non-Spoiler forum. Never be afraid to take on a moderator if think that they may be doing something wrong. Hopefully, I'll never put myself in that position, but if I do, attack in full force! :D ;)

Anyway, I found my speculation in this thread to be quite interesting. Keep in mind that this was months before the release of the film:

"For example, let's just say that Jar Jar is a representative of the gungan population in the senate. I really don't know his role in AOTC, but just stick with me if you do. Okay, so Padme is supposed to give a speech to the senate, but cannot, for security reasons, and dumps the project off on Jar Jar. Either that or she runs away with Anakin or something. Again, bear with me. Jar Jar is obviously unprepared, and when it is time for him to give his important address has a very nervous, but controlled tone in his voice."

Hey, I wasn't so far off base! :D

windier than the signature feature!

21. DarthHomer

Apr 29, 2000
    I wonder if Jabbadabbado was impressed by Jar Jar in AOTC? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.