main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Anyone else still looking for Dooku/Yoda?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by corran_rouge9, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    The title just about says it all. I'm still very much searching for my two most desired figures. I've seen every other figure, boatloads of all except HD Anakin(the one I got was the only one i've seen). If anyone has a reliable source, please PM me asap. Also, anyone who might be able to pick one or two up, I would certainly be willing to pay you back, with a little extra either at the movie(Mission Valley, AMC 20 12:05) or at our next meeting.

To all the others in my plight, happy hunting.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    A friend of mine from back East is sending me a Yoda, but he only has one extra. I think DarthBrian is the expert figure hunter around here. Maybe he can tell you where to get one.

3. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Try Kmart on Carmel Mountain Road or Wal-Mart on Community Road in Poway.

4. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I saw a bunch at the Toys R us in Mira Mesa on Sunday. They also had the Bespin Wave. I hope there aren't any scalpers on this board. We should form a group where we help each other out getting the latest figures as an offshoot of the San Diego Fanforce chapter.

5. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i saw some dookus and hangar anakins at the KB at UTC on saturday... no yoda's though.

6. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    Get to the Grossmont Center Target early. They have a great selection. Today, I picked up a Yoda, Hangar Anakin, 2 Count Dookus, and Clonetrooper. They also had just about every other figure out so far. $5.99.

7. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    You keeping both your Dookus, Darth? Anyway, good job with this thread everyone, let's keep it alive. My mom was out this afternoon, and the K-Mart down in Chula Vista had the new rebel soldier, and all the other 1-27 figures except Dooku, Yoda, and HD Anakin. Sigh, when will I ever find them...

8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I only have one Dooku.

If you want to find these figures, you need to hit stores early and often. That's all the help I can give you.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Someone told me the Walmart and Toys R Us in both National City and Chula Vista would have the Yoda, Dooku, and Anakin HD figs. Can't you call the stores and ask them to check and possibly hold the figs for you so you don't have to go running all over town for nothing?

10. NWO_TYRANUS

NWO_TYRANUS Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    TOYS R US IN CHULA VISTA

L STREET

*MASSIF, LUKE, AND MORE

ANAKIN HANGER, YODA, DOOKU

420-4048

11. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    Actually, Corran, my friend got dibs on it earlier today...sorry.

12. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I got an extra Massif and Endor Rebel trooper yesterday at Walmart in National City off the 54 highway. They also had that wave at the K-mart on 3rd in Chula Vista. If anyone wants to trade or pay cost for either of those figs, let me know.

13. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    TRU in Mira Mesa has tons of Dooku action figures. I was just there.
    While there I picked up an extra Dooku figure in case somebody wanted it.

They also had:
    Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)
    Jango Fett (Final Battle)
    Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)

14. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Well, I found my Dooku. Actually, a friend did. Anyone having luck with Yoda? I'd still be interested in purchasing someone's extra if anyone has/can get another. Thanks. Good luck to all.

Corran_rouge9

15. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    I think I posted this on another string, but I went to the Grossmont TRU on Wednesday, and they had at least 2 or 3 of every Episode II character. $5.99.

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    hey this seems like a good thread to start people on a Collector's Circle. keep up the store reports, and look out for your fellow collectors...

i'm still looking for Yoda and Dooku.

17. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I am an absolute novice in the figurine collecting category. However, I found Luminara Unduli at the Wal-Mart off 76 in Oceanside. I've never seen this figure before, is it new? (It does say Collection 2 on the side of the package.)

18. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    she is part of the second wave of figures, which has been hard to find in some parts... if you don't have her, and you haven't seen her, she's new. hehe

i've only seen one Luminara at retail, and i picked it up...

19. Darth_Vegeta

Jan 3, 2001
    jawajames, if you're stil looking for yoda/dooku, try TRU at Grossmont early next week. I'm not sure what their stock is like this late in the week. They also had a number of Hangar Duel Anakins if anyone's looking.

20. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the info, JJ. And yes, I did get her. I'm collecting all the Jedi - and select other figures.

The rest go to my kids and have little or no collectible value except for the fun of playing with them. ;)

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I want the 12" Jango Fett!

Link to the pic

12"JangoFett

22. chewdog316

chewdog316 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    i found them both at the san diego sports areana flea market. there allitle expensive but that was the only i saw them. obviously there are other places but as a last resort there you go. the flea market is on fri-sun 7am to 3 pm. go check it out anyways there is a booth with tons of old toys like the palpatine clone toy, 15 bux! if anything else it was fun to see them all.

- yoda figure you will not find, it____will____find____you -

-well maybe not

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I found a Dooku today! *Mara Jade does a happy dance! After seeing Episode II again today I went to the TRU on Sweetwater road in National City, and right on the end was a Dooku in pristine condition! After searching for another half hour through all the pegs and in two bins, I never found another Dooku or Yoda. Yet I did find a Vader and a Luke Bespin Duel that I bought. I can't believe it was that easy! I am not concerned about a Yoda. I have a friend in Maryland who found one for me and will be sending it to me for my birthday. I also picked up several of the "comic books" TRU was giving away with the purchase of any Star Wars Hasbro toy. If anyone wants one, I'll bring them to our next get together.

24. corran_rouge9

Jul 28, 2001
    Hi all,
    Still no luck with my Yoda, Y-O-D-A, Yoda. However, I did find something interesting. If anyone at all wants a Mace, Geonisis Rescue, walk, don't run or speed, to the TRU of 54th in National City. They literally had about 50, and were getting in the way of seeing anything else, even the normal peg warmers. I also found two Jangos(FB) but got them for a friend and myself. Good luck to all.

Corran_rouge9

25. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    The TRU in Mira Mesa has TONS of Mace Windu. Tons of them.
    They did not, however, have any Bespin Lukes. Which I really really want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.