main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else think Toht could have been in The Last Crusade?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Klix, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klix

Klix Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    I think he should have returned to find Henry and Indiana with the rest of the Nazi warriors. I'll bet Sean Con could have taken him down town faster than even Indy. Maybe if they had more of a budget and a more secret powered amulet of power(that could revive the dead), it could have happened. Would it have been better that way?

2. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I preferred the approach Spielberg and Lucas took by having Indy fight a different villain in each film. I liked seeing Indy fight a villain and then be done with it.

But if Toht did return for Crusade, the movie could have been a little more thrilling as Toht was a much more formidable opponent than the rather boring Walter Donovan.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Well, his face kind of melted off in Raiders so I don't see how he could have come back regardless.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This is a crucial point.

5. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    There might not have been a sequel had Raiders flopped. Toht was the bad guy you loved to hate and seeing his face melt off was incredibly gratifying.

6. Albie2k

Albie2k Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2005
    I agree. Maybe if the Indiana Jones had come out in the 90's you could have gotten away with the bad guy not dying at the end of the movie, and had Toht come back in The Last Crusade, but for the time, he needed to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.