main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else too attached to the core characters to care about the Live-Action Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by drg4, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    But what does that mean "bridge the gap"?

thematically, the films already bridged that gap...we know why Luke and Leia are where they are, why Obi-wan in where he is...we know why Vader is the way he is...we know the Imperial forces have already taken shape...the DS is in the works...most of this "bridge" is done.

All that really leaves you is the "time"...19 years of time to kill before the kids and the DS are ready for the plot of ANH to proceed. So how do you fill that time?

George Lucas has shown repeatedly that he likes to include lighter elements in his adventures. I expect this to be particularly true of any LAS for SW. this isn't going to air at 10pm...it will air at 7 or 8, and be targeted as something the whole family can watch. It's not going to be about inquisitions and persecutions in every episode. Will the Empire make appearances...of course they will...but likely as drop in opponents...and if you expect anything more sinister then Lucas's german/nazi badguys from Indy, you're way off.

LAS isn't going to be "the real horror of the dark times in 1hr segments" it's going to be "SW universe in 1hr segments"...and whatever creative stuff GL and writers can come up with inside the budget.

2. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't think that the LAS has to cover the entire 19 years between trilogies. However, I am sure that galactically important events happened during that period of time that set the stage for the OT. That kind of story could be eminently interesting.

3. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    While you may be right, there's been nothing said to suggest this is so at this point. In fact, what little info there has been suggests just the opposite.

I've no doubt it'll be aimed, generally, as an adventure series the whole family can watch -- that's pretty much what SW has always been about -- but remember RotS was also aimed to that same target, and was majorly dark.

Granted, with network (and basic cable) TV being what it is now, it would fit in the 8pm slot, since the later slots tend to be reserved for shows with graphic sex/nudity and/or pointless profanity -- and that's not Lucas's bag.

4. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    I think anything that has been pasted along thus far about the LAS is for "our" benefit (meaning the hardcore fan)...when they start making it known to the general public, I expect that will change somewhat.

That doesn't mean it'll be sunshine and rainbows...but it's not going to be imperial troops and firefights in every episode either.

5. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    Perhaps not...but it's not going to focus on the vagaries of blue milk production either.

6. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Don't tell me I'm not going to get "the Life of a Nerf Herder"! I've been waiting 25 years to experience the magic of that profession!

I don't know if I could take it if they left that out!

7. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
  8. m-makarov

m-makarov Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2007
    No...I'm actually getting a little burned out with Obi and Luke and the rest of the gang. Bring in some new blood please. I really want to know what Jedi and other heroes made it out of the Clone Wars and the Purge.

9. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    For me, this is exactly what I want to see. I have seen enough of Jedi and Clones. You can have the Force, without having Jedi swinging lightsabers everywhere. The Star Wars universe is so huge and rich, but yet we see so little of it. I look forward to seeing something different. I know that Lucas likes the "BIG" feel, but there are many other players in the universe that will certainly have their own stories that are just as appealing, if not more so. I await it with much anticipation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.