main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anyone else want to know the original Lucas ending?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by redavnikana, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redavnikana

redavnikana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2004
    I like the current chapter so far, but still can't help being somewhat disappointed in not having the original story's ending. George Lucas wrote the entire story beginning to end way back in the 70's and I at least want to know that ending. I don't care if Luke became a magical one eyed unicorn turtle! Well ok not really just I just want know what Lucas roughly sketched out. I'm sure Disney has the rough outline, not sure how close they a following it, The Solo storyline was added pretty late by JJ, doesn't really bother me, kinda like that so far.

What became of Han, Luke and Leia in George Lucas's story? Who are the new Heroes? Just really curious. People can moan all they want about Lucas, but he was Amazing at building these worlds, and crafting a great story.

I'm hopeful Lucas will reveal how different or not his story was, and that should be pretty interesting.

Anyone want to know the Lucas ending? Or would you rather never find out?

2. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah I think it would be pretty cool if we got to know Lucas' version of the 3rd saga. I think once Disney is done with 7,8,9 there is a small chance that they might release Lucas' script in a form of a comic like they did with the original star wars story concept.

3. btk2333

btk2333 Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd like to see it- maybe in his memoirs or something- I doubt he has a full story finished but it would be nice to see some of his ideas.

JamesSkywalker and appleseed like this.
  4. redavnikana

redavnikana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2004
    Yeah maybe in his biography, I think the story was pretty finished, I heard he had split it up it was so large and choose to do the meat of the story, the middle.

I would really love to read that original, I'm thinking even he changed things up when doing the prequels.

5. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Maybe out of mild curiosity, but it's not really relevant at this point.

There was a lot of SW in the '80s that Lucas didn't write. And those are widely considered the best entries.

And George has changed his story a thousand times about his "original story" or narrative goal. So it's difficult to think there was ever an actual completed 9-part saga in his mind. Impossible, really.

But it would be an interesting footnote for the loyal fanbase to his see his outlines, just because it's Lucas.

But I'm okay if I never even hear about them. The future of Star Wars is bright again.

6. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I would definitely like to see his original outline for the ST. I have a feeling that what we're getting is in the spirit of what he had in mind, even if not the letter.

7. Winshen Cloudleaper

Winshen Cloudleaper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm only interested in Lucas' story of the saga. The "Star Wars stories" are the place for the fan fiction, not the saga.

I don't care if Lucas changed his mind a thousand times. He never thought like JJ Abrams or Kasdan, and I don't want that story to be part of the saga. Is it even a saga anymore, or is it a series now?

8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    You have fun with that....

9. Winshen Cloudleaper

Dec 19, 2015
    You can help by supporting a release of the Lucas treatment.

WAZZER likes this.
  10. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Post ST, i'd be okay with that. But honestly, after the PT and the stuff George said lately, and his most recent films? I'm glad we got TFA is all I'm saying...

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

You do know that Kasdan wrote the screenplays for both TESB and ROTJ right? So Kasdan's "story" has always been a part of the Saga.

Where are these people coming from?

12. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    The past.

Warren Moonwalker and AmySolo like this.
  13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    And they're real. All of them. The Lucas fan. The prequelites. The Mouse haters. :p

14. Winshen Cloudleaper

Dec 19, 2015
    Kasdan didn't write any stories for Star Wars until The Force Awakens, and it shows.

JamesSkywalker and redinight like this.
  15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Is it the tequila talking?

Ligenot and AmySolo like this.
  16. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    Well, as I recall GL originally wanted Luke to go to the dark side, then kill Han. Then his vanished twin sister (which was NOT Leia) would fight against him, and would save the galaxy.

Also, GL had analyzed and approved the EU stories, including Leia's twins adventures. Jacen, Jaina, Yuuzhan Vong... They were all fine to him and considered canon...

He said the Star Wars saga was all about Darth Vader's defeating the Sith, and the episode 6 being the end. He said in 1999 that there would be no episodes beyond the 6th.

We have lists of movie's plot holes which suggests GL had never had the whole picture of the saga...

After all of this I would supose GL had NOT any matured script of episode 7.... Maybe some vague ideas...

Now think about it: according to the Hollywood Reporter, "TFA has blasted past $1 billion globally faster than any film in history". It wouldn't be wise from GL if he had shared his vague ideas next to this colossal records.... His ideas on the prequels were considered bad by most of people.... The worst thing for him would be if people, after reading his ideas, would agree it was indeed better he didn't do it...

17. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    ..What? I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. o_O

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Or so you've been led to believe....
    Have you no concern for the children? Think of the children for crying out loud.

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    When the children cry...

rumblewagon likes this.
  20. Winshen Cloudleaper

Dec 19, 2015
    You can check IMDB or just watch the end credits, or even read the making of books:
    Empire Strikes Back: Story by George Lucas
    Return of the Jedi: Story by George Lucas
    The Force Awakens: Based on Characters Created by George Lucas

The story of The Force Awakens is by Kasdan and JJ Abrams. The story of the OT is by George Lucas.

21. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015

Uh, Lawrence Kasdan wrote the screenplay for Empire Strikes Back after the other writer (I don't recall her name?) died. He also wrote the screenplay for Jedi.

Edit: Also, did you check IMDB? It has him clearly under writing credits for both Empire and Jedi screenplay.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/lawrence-kasdan-qa/

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    Hell no. The less we see of Lucas regarding Star Wars the better.

23. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I don't need to see his ending, I know what's to come. First time out, it ends with natives singing a happy little song. Then it gets revised with goofy new aliens and worlds with a new age theme.

Luke02 and Poe loves Rey like this.
  24. Tython Dawn

Tython Dawn Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I think it's pretty well documented that Lucas did not have the whole story planned out from the get-go. The idea that Vader was Luke's father was not even in the first draft of ESB! In the earlier drafts of the story, Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker/Starkiller were totally separate characters, in some drafts Luke Skywalker is an old general, an Obi-Wan type character. The story of ANH was changed very heavily several times, and in the earliest stages did not even vaguely resemble the final film. As far as the prequels go, except for the Emperor being a corrupt politician and the duel of Vader and Kenobi in a volcano, there's no reason to think any details were planned that far back. As far as the sequels go, what we have read in the past about the ST makes it pretty clear that the confrontation and defeat of the Emperor would have taken place there, so we can safely say the original ST was grafted onto the story of ROTJ. Lucas's story treatments that would have been the new films were started much later, to increase the value of Lucasfilm for the Disney sale.

Lucas has made many conflicting statements over the years about how he planned the story of Star Wars.

25. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

With Zamfir pan flute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.