main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else wants hasbro to make more Padme figures? Sign Petition Inside

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Padmes_love_slave24, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishtarskywalker

ishtarskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I contacted a couple of members of local science fiction clubs & asked them to spread the word about the petition. I figure at least some of the members would be interested, even though the clubs aren't specifically focused on Star Wars. :) I also took advantage of my family reunion to solicit signatures from people who aren't necessarily the biggest fans but were willing to add their names to mine. ;)

2. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Thank you Obi-Dawn and ishtarskywalker!

We've collected 110+ signatures. We need all the help we can get.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ishtar's been a lifesaver and quite a trooper for us! I think I have a couple more names to send over to Dune_Sea, but it looks like our momentum has died :(

We need more support! Get your friends and family to sign - we've only got 9 days left!

Anyone think that they can get Natalie to sign the petition at ComicCon???? ;)

4. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Add one more to the list. You can blame Dune_Sea_Hermit for this one. :p
    I don?t remember well the 12? Padme doll, but I remember the Zam? doll and it was a big let down, so beautiful in the movie, such an ugly doll.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Blasting up to the top to keep the petition alive!

:)

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've made it a sticky thread for you - that will expire on the 17th so it will fall back at the end of Comic-Con.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm completely dumbfounded by what Hasbro's doing to their SW line - no 12" figures for next year, and now basically the death of the Unleashed figures also.

I'm losing hope that they'd even listen to us and our request, they seem to be out to kill their SW lines completely :(

8. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Hasbro had said the Unleashed were going to replace the 12" line, and now they're replacing Unleashed with 2" figures. What in the world are they thinking? I suppose the good news is that we may indeed get our wish for another company to pick up the Star Wars license. This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Unleashed, and will soon see the end of my Hasbro purchases.

9. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Am I signing the petition just by posting here? I'm in!

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I would like to sign!

11. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Send a PM to PadmeLeiaJaina or DuneSeaHermit with your real life name, age, and I think address to be in.

12. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Am I signing the petition just by posting here? I'm in!

I would like to sign!

Anapad_Nabooine and AzureAngel2,

Please send via private message your name, age, and geographic location to PadmeLeiaJaina or Dune_Sea_Hermit.

Hello to the wonderful family of ishtarskywalker!

Beautiful_Skywalker, your news is most discouraging. :( I hope someone at Hasbro is willing to read the letter.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We got 5 more names. Folks, we're in the home stretch and need more NAMES!

Bug all of your friends and family! Let's get at least 200 names that we can bring to Comic Con!

Thank you so much for your support!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thanks to people freaking out over the end of the Unleashed line, I found a site for creating a petition.

The site's free - so we'll keep it going long after Comic Con's over :)

Go here to sign the petition!

15. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    signed the petition.. wondering if any luck with this.. or has anyone heard anything about the possibility of new figures.. I have been upset over this since april 2nd and only just now found this thread.

16. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Attention all Comic-Con attendees!

Please take a few minutes during the Con to speak to the Hasbro reps about bringing back the Portrait Editions. It would help our cause if a lot of different people spoke to them about this matter.

Thank you!

17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like Sideshow is taking up the SW 12" line:
    Sideshow 12" line

I hope someone at Comic Con asks them if this includes a line of Padmé dolls.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Right! I hope that our reps over an Comic Con take the petition over to the Sideshow guys too :)

19. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Sideshow Collectible's announcement makes part of our campaign irrelevant, but I want to conclude this thread properly with a brief report on the letter/petition delivery at Comic-Con.

Thursday, 14 July
    I delivered the letter to a Hasbro representative, telling her I represented a group of collectors interested in reviving the Portrait Edition line. I was pleasantly surprised when she said she was told to expect us. Letter signers, you did get their attention! =D=

She agreed to give the letter to the appropriate people and even asked for extra copies, which I gladly gave her. She also let me photograph her with the letter.
    [image=http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL437/662539/7949787/105101957.jpg]

I made a flyer with the petition on-line URL and left it at the freebie table, next to the Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars promotional folders. (This book looks absolutely GORGEOUS. Order a copy now! The deluxe version has fabric swatches from materials used in the film. =P~ )
    [image=http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL437/662539/7949787/105101983.jpg]

I held up the letter cover page to the STARWARS.com hyperspace webcam at 16:18:20, 7/14/05. Kinda blurry, but visible nonetheless. If you are subscribed to hyperspace, check it out.

Friday, 15 July
    Sideshow Collectibles announces it is taking over the 12" line. Didn't even bother with the Hasbro panel.

Saturday, 16 July
    I gave a copy of the letter to a Sideshow rep, who agreed to deliver it to the boss. He asked me for a business card. I didn't have one, but I told him PLJ's e-mail address was in the letter. If they contact you, PLJ, let us know!

Thank you to everyone who signed the letter, shared their comments, mentioned the campaign on their websites, and pestered their friends and relatives to sign. If you want to do more, then register on the Sideshow Collectibles forum and post your comments and wish lists over there.

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I was pleasantly surprised when she said she was told to expect us.

Wow. That's darn cool!

I just wanted to thank you, D_S_H, and PLJ for the work you two put in to this. :)

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Interesting, I wonder who warned them of us? :confused: Very cool though! At least our voices weren't just lost.

There's talk that although Sideshow has the license that Hasbro might still be producing 12" figures. So there's still a good chance that the line might get resurrected by them. The main reason I'd love Hasbro to continue with it is that they actually use rooted hair on their dolls, Sideshow leans towards even doing the girl dolls with molded hair.

Guess we'll have to see...

Thanks for your relentless pursuit of getting the word out at Comic_Con Dune_Sea_Hermit :) At least we weren't whining complainers - all we wanted was for Hasbro to continue producing toys that we love [face_love]

22. darth_bood

darth_bood Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm still waiting for Hasbro to come out with Queen Amidala in all of her royal gowns. In action figure form I mean.

23. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    I am waiting for that, too. Not one Padmé Amidala figure can be considered a pegwarmer. They always seem to sell out.

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's great to hear about you spreading the word. You and PLJ have done a great job with this petition. :)

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh My GOD! Everyone get over to Sideshow's 12" Figure Poll! There are 3 ladies to choose from: Snowbunny CW Padme, Mara Jade, and Asajj.

Naturally, I bid for Padme :D :D [face_dancing]

I wonder if they put her in there because of our petition?????? My gut instinct says that they did!

I just sent an email out to everyone who'd emailed me to be added to the Petition and alerted them about the Sideshow poll...that should help Padme's number of votes to rise :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.