main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else wants hasbro to make more Padme figures? Sign Petition Inside

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Padmes_love_slave24, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyGal126

DisneyGal126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2005
    I was doing a yahoo search for Padme 12" dolls and the petition came up as #4! So anyone who isn't aware of these boards are mostly likely going to find it :)

2. Handmaiden_Dorme

Handmaiden_Dorme Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2005
    That is sooo awesome!

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
  4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've already voted for picnic Padmé.

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    yes indeed.. voted Padme!!

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    indeed it was butchy looking.. here's hoping and praying they do a better job with future female star wars figures. I wanted it until I saw it.. the dress is great.. and the hair though hard mold.. nice.. but the face and body were not to my likeing at all.. I still like my ceremonial Leia potrait edition doll and my Bousch Leia from TRU much better.. they need to borrow that face mold and go again.. they can even collect the $200 for passing go. Just make some Leia and Padme figures.. and make them good!!

7. Padme18

Padme18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    Yes! They need more. I have her in her AOTC fight oufit and wedding dress. I have Sabe from TPM, but that doesn't really count. I want more, and I know I shouldn't!

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sure you should. I have more than twenty different Padme's and Leia's and I most definitely want more.. and refuse to feel bad about it at all.. I delight in it :)

9. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I'm a little tired and extremely annoyed with toy makers telling me that girl figures do not sell. LIES. They said this about the MOTU line a few years ago..and ya know what......go to ebay and you'll see that Teela and Evil Lyn(both short packaged) goes for the most amount of money. And if I recall correctly the Hawkgirl was a big hit with JLA cause it was short packaged too.

Make decent looking figures and don?t flood the market and things will work out great.

I remember the Amidala's they are talking about that hit the shelves when PM came out. They were horrid looking things! Beautiful? I think not!

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Right Hasbro's got its screw loose on how they distribute their female character/figures. They way overproduced the Mon Mothma figure (who is mostly off-screen and you don't see in the film) and yet they produced very few of the one pregnant Padme figures...grrrr!

I think the success w/ the 12" Barriss and Shaak Ti should've shown them that female dolls/figures DONE WELL will fly off of the shelves.

The problem is that so many female collectors also grew up on Barbie. Mattel rocks w/ it's quality when it comes to creating celebrity type dolls, their doll artists over there won't settle for a doll that's ugly. To shove overproduced dolls down our throats that are UGLY is a bad marketing move on Hasbro's behalf.

Yes, I have all of TPM dolls, have refused to buy the AOTC doll, although I'd love her outfit to make my own custom version of her.

I'm now waiting to see how Sideshow handles our often misunderstood leading heroine. I've seen their other female dolls (and own one) and I'm confident that they'll do her well. She'll have molded hair, but at least she should LOOK like Natalie Portman, and the clothes should be wonderfully detailed.

11. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I'm interested to see how they handle it as well. I want Padme/Aayla/Leia and others...and I want them to look GOOD!!!

12. wookieepedian1

wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    This one just made me laugh.

13. The_Mask

The_Mask Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Why don't they make one of those 12" figures with her 50 million different outfits. Everyone would be happy!

14. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    I love what starwars.com is doing with the custom shirts, needless to say I got 6 custom Padme Amidala shirts because that was all I could afford! Go here if you are intersted, http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=100769. I love her character and I know I keep harping on the fact that I feel that Lucasfilm has really sold the fans of Padme Amidala short with the lack of merchandise from ROTS. I got most of the Portrait Edition dolls from the Phantom Menace all the basic figures, the 12 inch figure from AOTC, and all the basic figures, unofortunatley I didn't pick up the unleashed figure in 2002 when I saw three on the shelves at Toys R Us, I am still kicking myself for that! I also hope hasbro re-releases the Galactic Heroes pack with her and Anakin, I recently got into collecting those and I hope they re-release them so I can pick up that pack and the Obi-Wan and Jango, and all I could get for ROTS was one basic figure of her?! I emailed hasbro some time ago saying I was not happy that they choose to ignore her completely! In late 2005 with the announcement of the saga 2 line I was sure their was going to finally be another Padme figure released and we get absoluteley nothing! I understand that Hasbro has said that Amidala figures don't sell very well, I would beg to differ, go on ebay and look up the defense of naboo pack with qui gon, the galactic heroes pack with Anakin which is very very expensive, and her basic figures and you will see that their are many people interested in Amidala merchandise. Am I saying she is as popular as Vader or the Clone troopers, of course not, but I think she is a pretty popular character who should be given a lot more attention than us fans have recieved. Come on hasbro I love the saga line and I pick up many figures their are some I leave on the shelf, but did I need to see another nemodian figure which collect dust on every store shelf in the star wars section, or that you have to be cheap be repackaging ROTS heroes and villains figures which I already have and so do most other collectors, of course people want those, but apparently not more Padme merchandise :_|

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    *Hands Padmes_love_slave24 a tissue*

The *good* news is that most likely later this year we'll get a realistic, real-lifelike facial sculpt of Padme in her Clone Wars snowbunny costume from THE CLONE WARS cartoon series from Sideshow.

Last Summer we gave a Padme petition to SS at last years SDCC and I'm convinced that our interest in her character urged them to include her on their EU list for fan choice figures.

Gentle Giant is also making a micro-sized bust-up like their wildly unaffordable Maquette that will be out at the end of the year.

16. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I like we need a Padme love slave figure...to match my Leia.

17. apology__accepted

apology__accepted Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2005
    We need a figure with Padme in the awesome corset!

18. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    From today's Rebelscum interview with the brass at Hasbro:

Rebelscum: (Leftover from last week's session) Will we see any more female figures, specifically Padmé in her various costumes?

Hasbro: Eventually, yes, but it's too early to say when the next version will be made available.

--MissPadme

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Hasbro: Eventually, yes, but it's too early to say when the next version will be made available.

Eventually? o_O What is that supposed to mean?...years from now when they're out of clone variations to make?
    Well, at least it's a yes. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.