main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone else writing/written their own version of the Prequels (Ep1-3)?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Eight_Nunb, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eight_Nunb

Eight_Nunb Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm in the process of rewriting Episodes 1-3 in my own vision. GL's Prequels are "ok", but i'm writing them the way i think they should be and bringing back more of what i always imagined them to be like.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this, or is in the process of it and would like to discuss their ideas or share plots/stories/scripts?

2. Eight_Nunb

Feb 17, 2004
    Right now i'm in the latter stages of thinking of the entire plots for Episodes 1-3. I just need to tie up a few ends, and add or change a few scenes, but i have the basic skeleton thought of for all 3 films. I don't have much of it on written down on paper yet, but i hope to do so soon.

Ultimately i hope to finish detailed plots for each film, with names and descriptions of all major and minor characters included (thats a big job in itself). I've chosen just to do the plots, because i just don't have the time to complete 3 full movie scripts or prose.

I will hopefully post a quick description of all my 3 films here, but for now here's the "gist" of it: My Prequels basically take mostly whatever i really liked from Lucas' PT so far (including characters, plot devicesetc.), but i changed, revised, or added to the PT what i didn't like from Lucas and added a ton of my own ideas into the mix. My plot is quite different from Lucas' actually, but some similar themes, events, and scenes are seen throughout. I really wanted to keep as much of Lucas' good ideas as i could...because after all he DID invent the SW universe! So i try to show as much respect as possible to his original ideas. But of course there will no Jar-Jar (or crappy CGI) in my versions :)

3. Eight_Nunb

Feb 17, 2004
    Just to give people a tiny sense of how the story of my Prequel Trilogy goes, here's a rough draft of the opening scrawl text from Episode 1. The biggest change from Lucas' PT that you'll notice is that the clones are the "bad guys" right from the start (and through the whole trilogy). Cue John Williams:

Star Wars
    Episode 1 (as yet untitled)

"Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The use of human cloning is in dispute.

Cloning has been banned within the Republic for thousands or years, but many renegade non-member worlds have amassed large clone armies, which they have used to attack hundreds of Republic systems.

Unable to defend themselves against these invaders, many in the Republic now wish to build clone armies for themselves.

While the Galactic Senate endlessly debates these issues, the Supreme Chancellor has dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle a related conflict...."

4. Eight_Nunb

Feb 17, 2004
    anyone have any comments at all? Nobody has ever written or thought of their own version of the Prequels?

5. Lady_Rapacious

Lady_Rapacious Jedi Master

Feb 20, 2004
    I will be getting ready to start a series "Changing Destiny", that will go from the Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Prequels, etc. So I guess I can say that I will probably be rewriting the whole series from a certain point of view.

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Nunb, i hope you plan on putting the Mandalorians in there somewhere...

anyway, i am also planning on re-doing the prequels, making them better, matching up with the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.