main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone ever seen a Chewbacca cookie jar?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by IellaAntilles, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IellaAntilles

IellaAntilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2000
    I'm kinda curious, I saw one at a thriftstore today, the price on it was $200. I tried searching Ebay, but didn't come up with anything, even in completed items.

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Yup. It used to be offered in the Jawa Trader.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Iella - according to 'A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' the Chewbacca came out in
    1998 and was limited to 1000 jars. The book gives a price of 200 US Dollars for this item, so your shop was right in line (or the owner has this book!). The Chewie was made by Star Jars and is #028.

4. IellaAntilles

IellaAntilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2000
    I think this store(actually, a chain of thrift stores, all non-profit) does have books on collectibles, the other collectible stuff they have all seems to be priced accordingly. I was just really curious, because I don't remember ever seeing a Chewbacca cookie jar. The price is out of my range right now, otherwise I might pick it up.

5. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    you could make one out of clay if you wanted to......

6. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    Yes, I have one that I bought on E-bay last year along with Princess Leia and C-3PO.

I had forgotten about them till I saw a story on Food Network about cookie jars. I checked E-bay and the prices were less than $50. I thought maybe there was something wrong with them...cracks, chips whatever. But the seller said they were good, so I bid on them. I think they ended up being about $30 dollars each, but shipping took them up to near $50. The fan club had the Leia for $250 at the same time.

Now, I wondered why they were so cheap, and I noticed that most of the jars that were up were being sold buy two different people, both in Florida. I believe the seller told me she and someone else had bought someone elses stock and both were unloading it. Stupid, really, to both unload so many at once. My advice is to be patient. They aren't in any kind of huge demand right now, and you are bound to get a deal.

7. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I have seen them at disneyworld. there was Leia and Chewie. I don't recall seeing any others.

8. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    LS, Were u taking a trip down memory lane by bringing back old threads :p

At first i thought it said chewie cookie jar jars :eek:

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There have been a bunch of cookie jars. Between 1977 and 1982 Roman Ceramics did C3PO
    R2-D2, and Vader. Sigma did a hexagonal jar with those same characters. In 1998 Star Jars did Obi-Wan, Jabba, Chewbacca, C3PO,
    Leia, and Boba Fett. This last set is limited to 1000 jars of each character.

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Shouldn't it be called a Wookie Jar?

11. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    *rimshot*

-Yoda ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.