FF:NZ Anyone for gaming?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Graal, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sorry guys, I got back on just as YouAgain had to go to bed. How it sucks to be young :p
  2. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    well the holidays are comming up so i can stay up later!!!!!
  3. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Not I" said the wolf.

I probably wont be comming home for the August holidays and the Secondry School's and Lincoln Uni's Holidays are at different times.

The next time I'll be home in Auckland is the end of October. :(
  4. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry I couldn't join you guys last night had to get my battle droid model finished (and I still haven't!!), was hoping to get some gaming in this weekend but now I have to go to picton to help my in laws move house, oh well at least I can take the fishing rods!
  5. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well the battle droid is finally finished and has pride of place atop the Telly!! so who's up for some gaming this weekend?
  6. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's replaced the Pod Racer?

OOOOOHH!
  7. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    well actually the battlestar galactica and my die cast naboo fighter are on the telly, the podracer is on top of the right wharfedale and the Droid on the left! god knows where I'm gonna put the AAT I'm planning on buying today!!
  8. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    im up for XWA or JKDF2
  9. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Any one for Jedi Outcat tonight if we dont have the numbers we could join someone eleses game
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Hey. You guys.

Download my first Jedi Outcast skin...

[image=http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/jp30atat1.jpg] [image=http://www.massassi.net/levels/screenshots/jp30atat2.jpg]

...please. :D

11. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ooow 'tis peerty! :)

Congrates JP.

Now for those LOTR skins :D :D :D

Now that I have a KICK ARSE LOTR Board Game and SW Ep2 Chess Set - we could get some cool games going. With Spags for tea and beer for beverages.

//hint hint//

I sat down last night and really figures out how to play the LOTR game. By crikey it's complecated but cool.

Merry and Pippin died by half way through the Helms Deep Scenario Board and Sam was very close to dieing when I packed up and went to Spags for tea with a mate from Otago who's up for his 1 week holiday. mmmmmmm spags.
  12. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    lol at above post.

I must have been sitting in my Room at uni trying to sort out that LOTR game. I remember that night me and Peter got Spags.

This year I'm "Road Tripping" down to Dunners to stay with him. Should be fun.

anyhoo, the point of this "up".

I bought "Return to Castle Wolfenstien" for PC today. Great game so far. Done the first set of missions (escape from Wolfenstien) now I'm in a nearby township and going through some old Catacombs which are haunted b undead zombies etc cause Himler is trying to raise some dead bad guy. I guess I have to stop him or it.

Anyone else have this game here in NZ? It's usually $99.99, but I went into Noel Leeming today for a browse and walked out with RTCW for $69.99

Been playing all afternoon/evening.

Anyone got it? Anyone keen for some MP action?
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Strange. That above post didn't up this thread.

Stupid boards.
  14. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    ive got red faction or any of the 3 quakes if anyone wants a multi of that
  15. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

> "Return to Castle Wolfenstien"

The original Castle Wolfenstein and it's sequel were MUCH better games than the silly Doom clones they stole the name for these days - although the originals were {beep}ing hard. [face_plain]
  16. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, Norrad joined me in, what can only be described as "a painful game of Force Commander".

Lag was pretty bad, and well - Roffy boy got a can o' whoopass opened up on 'em.

:p

Total End scores:

SFL: a whooping 13368
    Norrad Roff: a huge 3814

:p

Thanks for the game, but I think that one's for the dusty cupboard from now on. :(
  17. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah thanks SFL.

Mind you it's pr

e t
    ty ha

r d
    w he n

th e

l a g

is

poo

r.

;)
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yea, and I guess it's fairly difficult to mount a reply attack at me when you blow your own base up to save me from doing it for ya.

[face_laugh]

But yea, having units that reply and do as you command (fairly instantly, not 1 min later) would help I suppose.

:D
  19. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    According to the "sensationalist reporting" in yesterday's NZ Herald (front page of the World section) you need to be careful playing Diablo II online in a cyber cafe in Hong Kong for long periods of time - two people have died that way. Of course, now all the morons will be jumping up and down about banning one or all of Diablo II, Internet, games playing, computers, ... [face_plain]
  20. Heidi_Klum Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone. Games are fun.
  21. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They died? How? Forget to eat? Used too much energy, depleating their Carbohydrate, and fat stores thus forcing their own body to litterally eat itself for energy by using the muscles and eventually falling off their chair dead?

LOL!

DOLTS!

But yes, this will probably turn into one of those things. i.e.: a women is dieing because of heart problem from eating too much McDonalds etc over the years in the states, so she's sueing.

American's are such dumbarses (well, at least a few)
  22. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

No idea how they died.

The first person died about eight months ago and this new person over the weekend, but I can 100,000,000% GUARANTEE, that it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with them playing "Diablo II in a cyber cafe in Hong Kong", as the brief newspaper report like to keep repeating. [face_plain]
  23. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Discovered from TheForce.Net news box on another Forum page (since we still don't have ours back) ;) ...
    JEDI OUTCAST SEQUEL CONFIRMED
    Thu, Jan 23, 03 05:35:16 PM EST

During its quarterly earnings conference call, Activision revealed a few of the projects that will factor into the company's 2004 fiscal year. The company has plans to release a new game based on the Pitfall Harry property, as well as a sequel to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for the PC. In addition, Activision is working on a new Disney Skateboarding game that will run on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater engine. Lastly, a sequel to Street Hoops will also be released in the 2004 fiscal year, and the company reiterated its plans to release Solider of Fortune II for the Xbox later this year
    - GameSpot

During Activision's third 2003 fiscal quarter conference call earlier today (you can listen to the conference call right here), execs at the company mentioned in passing that a sequel to last year's Quake III engine powered first person shooter Star Wars: Jedi Outcast was in the works to be released in their fiscal 2004 time frame (April 2003-March 2004). Since this was mentioned in an Activision conference call, it suggests that the sequel will once again be a collaboration between Activision and LucasArts. HomeLAN contacted original Jedi Outcast developer Raven Software (which is owned by Activision) but was refered to Activision's corporate offices for an official response. The Activision rep has so far not gotten back to us with a statement. A spokesperson for LucasArts would not comment on what the Activision execs said today when asked by HomeLAN.
    - HomeLandFed

So what does this mean? Basically, Activision and LucasArts are making a sequel to the hugely popular Jedi Outcast, but the info accidently leaked out before they could issue a proper press release.

Thanks to GameSpot, HomeLandFed, menicus, Dimitri, and Stza for the e-mails and stories.

Well, I know what I'm doing this weekend, finally ordering my Mac copy of Jedi Outcast to boost the sale by one more copy so they might consider making a Mac version of the sequel. :) I don't know how likely that is though. :(
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm in a Team/Clan for RtCW and I'm using my flatmates computer for the net and gaming.

Everytime I'm in-game I always lag out every so often due to the computer sending/recienving bytes. There are no programmes running in the background and so it's a mystery. The leader guy of the team is a computer guy and said I should DL Ad Aware and scan. It found 45 or so files to quarinteen - i then Deleted them. It's a spy ware programme or something.

Anyway, Dan or someone of a computer mind HELP!!!

Any suggestions?

PS: I seems to me its like auto updates for windowns or something but the other day i unchecked the autoupdates option in internet options and it still does it.

25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I don't think Dan checks NZ FF often.

Anyway I gave you some tips in one of the other 2 places you posted this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.