main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ anyone for outcast?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Graal, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey!

I'm really liking that jetpack mod with the Geonesian sand arena level.

Just having a look for other interesting mods and levels etc and came across this:

Hydroball

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

YIPPEE!!
    Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast has been released for the Mac!! :D

I'm not sure if my current Mac is high-spec enough to run it though. [face_plain]
    And it's $128 here in NZ (time to look at overseas webshops!) :(

PS: Ayone want to buy an unused Collector's Tin Jedi Knight II for Windows PC - only $128 (gee, that's a co-inkydink!). :)

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    hehe, na with this new LOTR DVD being $199.00 - I'm gonna have to save my pennys. (what are pennys anyway?)

:p ;) :D

4. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Ok so the weekends almost over, anyone keen for a game of JO tonight after 9?

5. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    ok ill play at nine

6. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Sure, as long as it's guns and sabers. I played some JO last night with a mate from games and I'm getting better. We jumped into a server and I won one game - with about 5 of us (3 strangers and me and pat-fett). :D

Graals saber technique helps in duels etc.

7. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    And I've since found more cunning saber moves...

8. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    sorry guys got caught up doing wedding invites and didn't get on line til 10, maybe one night this week?

9. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
  10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    yea - I forgot too - sorry :p

Umm - yea sure one night this week sounds good.

a text message from icq would be good to remind me :p (it's free through ICQ)

11. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    LMK also, PM here for my mobile number.

12. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Sand arena with jetpack mod? tonight maybe?

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    i'm keen. give me details and i'll make sure my skanky self is there.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    What night is "tonight"? A specific would be helpful.

It's Tuesday night at 9:03pm right now.

I'm on, can play if someone else is on and is keen. Those NZ servers are generally pretty lame (from my experience) but I've been playing here:

213.113.60.61 and it's pretty good - not laggy or anything and with up to 6 people - and generally pretty good guys.

but with the jetpack mod you cant use a server so Graal will have to host.

ICQ/MSN or AIM me... or a PM. :p

15. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    we tried SFL, we tried.
    at least you've got my mobile number to text me next time your on.

16. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    sorry guys had a mare of a day and was too shagged to play last night I'll try tonight, Hey SFL hows life as a working man then?

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Kai: We hardly *tried*. I buggered off before we could play! I tried messaging you through MSN but you didn't reply and I had to cruise. Early start this morning for work (which conveniently brings me to Graals Q.

Yea - got a few blisters, but that's to be expected with "text book hands" (From uni. Get it? hehe lame joke. MY BAD) Yea, so I met the boss last night (he thought I was starting next week and had the flu) as he poped in for a cuppa and this morning we went around a few places to show me some boardwalks and box steps etc which is what I'll be making by the end of December he reckons - so no one come walking round the cascades or there'll be a Cave Creek accident with my shoddy building (hehe). Umm but Monday and Tuesday I was cleaning and digging out the "drains" along the Upper Kauri Track (after winter etc) pretty basic but time consuming work. And today I started from the Auckland City Walk end of the new Montana Heritage Trail (8km to the Waitakere Resivoir and back to the Auckland City Walk [for those of you reading this - the Auckland City walk is actually in the Waitakere Ranges about 30km from auckland - lol]) So just getting the gravel onto the track, trimming any trees and stuff near the track and cutting/slashing anything I feel is neccessary.

I'm basically my own boss which is cool - no one to slow me down and I do what I want. Out in the bush seeing the odd tramper which is way better than dealing with pratts who dont pay their phone bills etc. :p

They think they *might* get someone in to give me a hand. He may be "higher" than me or "below" me - so I may be a "boss" or just stay the same. Pay doesn't increase though :( Soon I'll be checking the structures - bolts are tight etc Also be getting into chainsaw work with opening "windows" into the bush to allow light into the track and getting rid of water and stuff.

Should keep me occupied for the summer. Oh and get this: if it rains - I can call it a day. Boss would rather me have half a day off than the next week off sick. :D But I felt real guilty the other day when it started bucketing down (typical auckland weather) and left at 1pm. But the boss was sweet with it.

So - it's cool thanks Graal. Have to pay off this new rifle that I bought the other day - so it's a good thing I like the job, plus it helps cause this is kinda what I wanna do with my life.

:D

//back to JO//

May be able to play this weekend, or I may try and catch up with a certain person from uni who lives up here too. So not sure as yet. Also me and my mates may have a few drinks at someones place or go into town to catch up.

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    is anyone keen for a game one night this week?

just out of interest, I downloaded the "Episode III" mod from jediknightii.net yesterday - wasn't expecting much but it's surpisingly good.

- Kyle becomes Obi Wan, looks a bit munted facially but the skinning on the model is good.
    - Luke becomes Mace - came out awfully, but maybe that's just my archiac machine.
    - Desann is substituted for Anakin as a Dark Jedi

There are heaps of other changes but I only could play for about half an hour *crazy interfering girlfriends wanting attention*.

The coolest thing is that when you change lightsaber fighting styles, instead of seeing the blue, yellow and red indicators, an icon of Obi Wan appears at various stages of his life, i.e:

Blue style - TPM Kenobi
    Yellow style - AOTC Kenobi
    Red style - ANH Kenobi

pointless, but cool.

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Could be keen. Perhaps Thursday night or something.

9pm.

I'll have to see how I am though, as I'll have the LOTR DVD and the LOTR PC Game. :p And I'm playing a huge game of JO this Sunday with heaps of people from USA etc in a themed battle. We're doing the Geonisian battle with all the skins and the level. :)

20. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    i'm interested if you're on for Thursday/tonight.

Graal? you keen?

i'll be on MSN tonight, SFL.

21. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Could be keen I've finished the wedding invitations //cheers erupt from the crowd//
    so should have some spare time tonight after 9.

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    It's 9:17pm.

Just finished watching the LOTR DVD. Very nice. But I'm very PI$$ED, as I droped one of my Argonath statues and it's head broke off. I'm thinking about whether or not to take it back or super glue it back on. I'm sure I can make some story up as to why it's head came off and I can get a replacement... hopefully the pratts at Whitcoulls are nice.

I was about to play some LOTR, but maybe a quick game of JO would be nice... if someone's on in the next 5 mins.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    sorry, Graal says he can't play, and I'm gonna play LOTR for half an hour then crash.

Work is hard labour - tired.

[face_sleepy]

24. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    I have a question relating to JK2-JO and computers. If my computer can run the demo (downloaded it offline), does that mean my computer has the right specifications to play the full version? My brother loves the game, and wants to buy the full pc version, but we're not sure if our computer will run it. I have no clue when it comes to graphics cards etc...

25. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    check out the Games forum or ask JP-30 - it's kind of his area.

anyone keen for a game tonight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.