main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone found the Potato Head Spudtrooper yet?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Rebecca191, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    There are a whole bunch of these being sold on ebay already, but has anyone found one in a store yet?

Appologies if this is a duplicate topic, I looked and didn't see one...

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not yet. However I got the new Brian's Toys catalog in the post today and it has him in there for $9.99. That's cheaper than Darth Tater - they want $14.99 for him.

3. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    i haven't personally found one, but i've read numerous reports of it appearing in the Kansas City Missouri area.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Mine's apparently making his way across the country. I ordered him from Hasbro direct :D

5. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    I've seen him out here, and I live near St. Louis. Darth Tater dominates the upper risers at our Wal-Mart out here...it's impossible NOT to find him...the trooper is a little less common, but still not that hard to find...

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Mine finally shipped today from Swshop.com! I pre-ordered him back in June along with the remote control R2. [face_dancing]

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I have a friend who found him at a WalMart, but I haven't seen him personally yet.

8. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Mine just shipped from Entertainment Earth.

9. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    Yep, saw some today. I cannot remember if it was Wal*Mart or Target, I was hitting a few of each today.

10. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I've seen it at 2 different stores in my area, I just didn't have any money :mad:

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Thanks everyone, I'll take a look around. Only checked KBToys so far, and they didn't have it. I thought they might since that was the first place I was actually able to find Darth Tater.

12. wackywookie

wackywookie Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    I have only seen these once, and that was at Walmart. They are shipped one Spud trooper per case. I don't know why they keep sending more of the Vader, and not a solid case of these.

13. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Spudtroopers!!Coming to a potato sack near you!!:p

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah....that's the problem...you're all not checking the produce aisle at the grocery store!

15. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    In one store, I've found Darth Tater stocked on a different aisle with the kiddie stuff that a normal Mr. Potato Head would be found. Pretty funny.

16. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I've found Darth Tater in both the Star Wars isle and the Mr. Potato Head isle, too.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I found a Darth Tater hanging out with the baby toys at my local grocery store, not with the SW toys. I've been peeking there to see if Spudtrooper might be making an appearance there, so far no-go.

(I tend to find more new stuff at my grocery store than any of the Targets or Walmarts near me.)

18. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    By golly she's right!I say lets march down to the nearest produe store and demand they hand over all their potatoes and make our own Spud Trooper army!:p

19. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002

[face_laugh]

20. NewWorldOrder

NewWorldOrder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I'd rather have a darth spongebob but it's cool.

21. HumanJedi_024

HumanJedi_024 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I haven't seen them in my town yet but some of the surrounding areas are reporting to have found them. So, any day now ...

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohooo! My Spudtrooper arrived in the mail today from Hasbro [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

He came w/ fewer "Mr. Potato Head" pieces than Darth Tater did.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Collectoin%20Images%204/Tatershelf.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Collectoin%20Images%204/TaterShelf3.jpg]

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/padmeleiajaina/Collectoin%20Images%204/TaterShelf2.jpg]

23. JCfromGC

JCfromGC Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Saw him for the first time at wal-mart. There was one of him but I didnt buy it.

24. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Mine came yesterday! He's awesome! :D

25. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I found the Spudtrooper today at Walmart. Picked him up and gave him to my daughter for Sweetest Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.