main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Anyone from Pueblo?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason91, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Popularity is highly over-rated. Life's to short to worry about how many people like you.

This is also true. Just don't wear a lightsaber on your belt to school unless it's Halloween, and you'll be just fine. :D Your main goal right now should be to survive til graduation. :eek: Think of it as a short term prison sentence for not having solved the world's energy problems while in 5th grade.

OK, so I have a dim view of the world. LOL.

I'm probably the worst person to get high school advice from, actually. I was up til 5am every night working on the immense amount of homework I always had on top of being a member of every extra-curricular activity (except band...band kids creeped me out -- my apologies to any ex-band kids here), and slept through most of the day. Soooooo...I'm still not 100% sure of what it was really like cuz I was always tired and half asleep. I remember my last classes of the day -- art, physics, and chemistry, and flunked out of Calc cuz...it was at 7:45am. [face_plain]

2. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Zoom -

I don't actually work in P-Town... I work about 15 miles outside of the city limits, and I don't enter the city limits...

Granted... Maybe living 45 miles away is not far enough... (P does have a strong influence) Perhaps I should take that job in Virginia!

3. jedijason91

jedijason91 Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    Zoom_, that's one thing i dont do, wear a lightsaber to school. oh and the band kids, there is one right here, among us.

4. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    So, does the public school's zero tolerance policy on weapons cover light sabers?

5. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Gotta agree with Zoom's point of view on the public schools...

I snoozed through most of High School (Pueblo East... WooHoo Eagles... Whatever...). I ditched Chem about 30 times and still got an 'A' - What a joke!

College... That is another story... What a HOOT! I'd love to go back and do that again! Except I'd probably study penguin history or something like that (engineering was just too much work!)

6. jedijason91

Jul 6, 2005
    About the lightsaber policy-Nobody Knows, and I've seen a few people come in with sabers, and never come out. Well then again-it is Freed.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    D_N_T...Was Sedinger your Chem teacher? He was so cool. He'd give the smart kids A's without making them work, and everyone else...a C or lower, nomatter how hard they tried. LOL.

After he retired, we got a new substitute that had a stress problem, and we ran the poor guy into the ground (kids are so mean). The last day he was there, when the bell rang everyone grabbed their desks and dragged them into the hallway and blocked him in the room.

I'd gladly do college over, too. No idea what I'd study, though. I'm kinda like the guy from Office Space -- I really just don't want to do...anything.

JJ91...Uh oh. Band kids. Don't worry. I won't tell anyone.

8. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Yep... It was Sedinger!

There was a demonstration he did with a liter water and a liter of Everclear...

He'd pour both into a two liter beaker to show that the there was less than two liters of solution (had to do with how nicely ethanol and water fit together...).

About five minutes later he started drinking the stuff! o_O

So did he still have the slides of bikini girls and Wonder Woman mixed in with the chemistry slides when you had him? (I heard he got in trouble for it... what's the world coming to!)

9. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    JJ91 - A Freed kid huh... I won't hold it against you.:)

I was a Heaton kid myself.

10. jedijason91

Jul 6, 2005
    D_N_T- I don't care, Freed isn't really all that great. I might've transfered by now, but my friends and the girl I like go there so, won't be transfering anytime soon.

11. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    JJ91

Don't take me wrong... My best friend at the time went to Freed.
    I was jast razzing ya a bit!

12. jedijason91

Jul 6, 2005
    Oh- Yeah, uh-huh sure whatever you say!:rolleyes:

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I went to Risley. I learned how to break into cars, who to talk to for controlled substances, where to buy a gun, which girls were easy, which teachers could be bribed with phrases like "Viva la Raza!", and how much force it takes to knock somebody out with your lunchbox. We called those "survival skills."

Now, times have changed. They knocked down the old Risley about 13 years ago and built a new one. And ever since the new age of video games dawned, the old gangs turned into online clans. You can usually find opposing gang members playing HALO (reds vs. blues, yo!) on 4th street on the weekends. LOL.

*sniff*...My people. Mi gente.

[insert me laughing hysterically at the irony while I log off and go to bed]

Ever wonder if we're being acclimated to the Matrix?

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oh yeah -- we had the alcohol experiment in class with Sedinger. No girlie slide shows, though. By the time I was there, every teacher had migrated to using an overhead projector, and those that didn't, went back to the chalkboard. I almost went into chem engineering because of Sedinger. He was great.

And I SWEAR I still see Mr. Wisner occasionally walking up or down Bonforte. One of these days I'll actually pull over and see if it's really him. I loved that guy. Mr. Neal, too. Spent most of high school trying to cure my allergies by giving me "real" honey from Colorado, but I think all it did was help his honey sales. LOL.

15. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Zoom-

Your listing all my favorite teachers from East!

Mr Wisner was great! Did he still go off on 'crazy women drivers at the mall'?
    (I sat in skid row, but still got an A).

I had Mr. Neal for American History I, I really liked him... Much better than Boniquista (sp?)who I had for American History II - B. was too freaky.

I went back to East a few years ago to talk with Mr. Shearers Drafting class about Engineering... I think I managed to scare everyone away from it! [face_worried]

I was surprised how few of my old teachers were still there?

Did you every have a class with 'Frau Lund'? (German/French)

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Mr. Shearer was great, too. One time in class this guy Tim had had just a wee bit too much codeine after he got braces and while Shearer was out of the room doing something, Tim took a saw and and started trying to cut off one of the legs of his desk. Shearer walked in just before he could get very far, though. LOL.

Another time Tim got this one guy really mad, and the guy turned around and stabbed Tim in the head with a compass, and it actually stuck! LOL. He was still on codeine, so didn't really feel it.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Weird thing about Pueblo is that nomatter where you've gone, people still identify each other from what high school they went to. Like, with BH, I'm really not surprised that he came right out and said he went to Centennial. :)

And I'm feeling old -- I'm starting to get e-mails concerning out 10 year reunion next month.

I put some really interesting stuff in my profiles at classmates.com and reunion.com. Bwa ha ha.

18. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    It's not just Pueblo...

Although, most folks I work with tend to identify themselves by where they went to college.

BTW Zoom... You really start feeling old when you are facing your 20th class reunion!

19. jedijason91

Jul 6, 2005
    Why college?- Why not where they were raised?

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    DNT...Very true...

JJ91...I guess, really, it depends on the person.

I think I identify myself by what I watched on TV, and the games I played. Other things, too...just depends on who's asking.

Hm...this thread got too deep without any of us being prepared. LOL.

21. jedijason91

Jul 6, 2005
    Oh well, who cares? myu hah hah hah.............