main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone going out of LAX?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by ValedaKor, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm flying out on Thursday, May 2 at the crack 'o dawn...anybody else taking the LAX - IND route?

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I plan to, although not at the crack of dawn. I haven't bought my plane ticket yet (hopefully doing it tonight), but I plan on leaving LA around 10am, maybe a little earlier. Still gonna have to get to the airport at like 7 just to get through security though.

3. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I want to get there in the early afternoon, that's why I'm leaving so early. I get to be at the airport at 4 AM... :)

4. LoriMeyers

LoriMeyers Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2002
    Do you have your tickets yet? I haven't bought mine, but I will probably be flying out of LAX.

5. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll be flying out of LAX, but not until late afternoon on Thursday...I expect to be in Indianapolis by the evening...

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, I've got my tickets -- I'm on United 102, leaving at 6:30 AM, into Chicago, then on to Indianapolis, arriving at 2:11 PM. The RT is $286.00.

7. Morgan Solo

Morgan Solo Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 20, 2000
    You will be surprised the amount of people you will meet in transit. On the way to the Denver Celebration, my friend Ramon sat next to a guy from ILM. Returning from Denver in 1999, there were at least 15 people on the plane (a 757) that were wearing Celebration shirts, hats, or jackets.
    I work at the airport (SFO) and one of my co-workers asked me if I had bought a Pod Racer jacket. "How do you know about them?" I asked her. "There has been at least one person wearing one on every Denver inbound since Friday."
    Wear a Star Wars T-shirt and I bet someone in the airport will approach you that is going as well.

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Morgan Solo says:

"a Pod Racer jacket..."

I've got my bright red Pod Racer jacket! LOL I'll definitely have to wear it on the plane, then.

9. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I'm leaving on American Airlines at 9am from LAX.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Great, Jeff! I'm sure there are others -- we'll be easy to spot, I'll bet... :)

11. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Since I'll probably be carrying a helmet of some type of Imperial, yeah, I think so :)

12. Morgan Solo

Morgan Solo Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 20, 2000
    ValedaKor:
    We will probably see you in O'Hare on Thursday. We will be flying out of SFO in the morning and chances are good we will be on the same connecting flight. There will be three of us, early thirties, male, looking nervous because we are travelling on employee standby tickets.

13. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    There will be four of us coming out of LAX, Southwest airlines. Leaving at 7:45.... NON-STOP BABY all the way to Indy.....

14. socalsnow

socalsnow Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    My buddy and I with ya. Thursday Southwest 1002 7:45am!

15. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I have a one hour layover at LAX around 1 pm. I'm flying United.

16. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    Good times Socal. :) Even though my friend and I are in disagreement. He is of the opinion that we should keep to ourselves as to keep the geek quotent (which was saw an imense amount of the night of the 22nd) down,whereas I am of the opinon as long as we get one corner of the plane to ourselves and make sure to surrender our blasters at the door that it would be no problem. Any opinions on this?

17. socalsnow

socalsnow Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    As it is most of my friends think I'm going to the 25th anniversary of geekdom. I say find a corner of the plane, kick back some suds and enjoy the ride.

Shame there wasn't some small insignificant pin or something to wear to identify ourselves to each other.

18. DEWGOD01

Mar 30, 2002
    You mean to tell me the ear to ear smiles and the general "We are going to the coolest thing in the world" glow about us wouldn't be identification enough. Even though I don't think the "You don't need to see our identification" bit will work at the gate :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.