San Diego, CA Anyone going to Comic Con International?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mikk, Jul 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikk Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just wondering if anyone from the San Diego forums was planning on attending Comic Con International this year? Myself and another member of the South Bay Star Wars Fan Club are going and would love to meet up with some fellow fans in the area. If you're going and would like to hang either post here or e-mail me. See ya in a couple weeks.
  2. BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    I live in the Spring Valley area and hope to go this year with my family (don't know if I work that weekend or not). Wouldn't mind meeting with a few fellow SD SW fans. ;)
  3. Zayn Jedi Youngling

star 3
    im going... so are quite a few ppl from the fanfilm area (either from the TFN board or http://www.randomstringofwords.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general boards)

are you dressing up?
  4. mikk Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I won't be dressing up, I have a hard enough time getting around in normal clothes.

If some people want to get together & hang let me know.
  5. Viceroy Craig Jedi Master

star 2
    Greetings!

Indeed a TON of us from the Hollywood, Mann's Chinese Theater Line (www.LiningUp.Net) from 1999 are going again as we do every year.

If you want to look for any of us to meet us and hang out, look for the Episode II t-shirts we had made up for the next Line. Go to www.liningup.net and you'll see the "II" logo with the Naboo symbol overlayed on it in the upper left hand corner. That is what's on the front of the shirt, and a big "Didn't We Just Leave This Party?" quote on the back.

I'll have my cell phone on for the duration, and if anyone wants to hook up, e-mail me at craig@liningup.net and I'll give you my number.
  6. Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm going on saturday.
  7. BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    Sorry I missed all of you. Went Sunday, met Peter Mayhew, Jeremy Bulloch and Kenny Baker though. Also got to see the Star Wars Connection thing with some neat behind the scenes stuff. Gad! How can I wait until next year? *sigh* Hope everyone who went had a good time. Maybe next year I can make it earlier.
  8. Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I missed all the autographs, but the connections was pretty cool. Even though Sansweet should not be allowed in fron of crowds. The futerama and space ghost things also kicked ass.
  9. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    when was all this cool stuff going on???

well, i am going to be in san diego from aug,11 to the 17thish, anyone know about any fun sw happenings?

or any cool stores? there are no stores specifically sw where i am, so i want to check out all the good stuff while im down there
  10. BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 4
    The Comicon goes on every year, usually in August, but was in July this year. Nothing specifically SW here at the moment. Just happen to have a serious addiction to it and watch it at least once a week (rotate the films). Of course, I'll be getting Ep. 1 DVD when it comes out. Heh...
  11. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    heh, of course it just has to be changed if there was a slight chance i would have been able to make it *sigh...* ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.