main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Anyone going to CopperCon in Costume?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey anyone going to CopperCon in September in costume? Im definetly going (havn't decided if in costume) and can drive about three others if anyone wants to carpool.

Alos, anyone ever do the masquerade, or want to try one?

2. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Tell me more of this...

3. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I am very ignorant, but what is CopperCon and all important info? Thanks

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    http://www.casfs.org/cucon/

CopperCon is a Phoenix annula science fiction and fantasy convention, September 9th-11th, Masquerade looks like the San Diego Comic Con masquerade where you get 60 seconds of lights sounds and music to put on a show in costume with whatever theme
    I thinka lightsaber duel would be cool

5. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    alright just my little pet peeve comming out. Time for the old soap box.

I love the Jedi, dont get me wrong...And I see the facination with lghtsaber duels... But why is it the only thing people want to do! I mean come on! The SW universe is huge! The Jedi are a small fraction of the entire. There are so much more. It always reminds me of the part in the movie Clerks where they talk about the empire hiring all the civilian contractors to build the death star, its so true! I mean there has to be all sorts of other cool things that you could be other that a jedi or a sith. If everyone wanted to be a medical doctor who would make and deliver tasty papa John's Pizzas? [face_worried]

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    true enough.. I myself would make an excellent Senator. Though I dream of becoming a Jedi..I think it is the young child coming out in me.

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, for one its a heck of alot more interesting than a bunch of jedi sitting around discussing meditation techniques or something. Anyways, it was just a suggestion, but looking back on previous masquerades, its looks like its been done to death.
    If anyone was up for a masquerade bit, Id join in (maybe a spoof or something), we can talk about it at the meeting.
    Anyways, the con is 3 days long, the 9th through the 11th, and Im only going 1 day, which will probably be Saturday the 10th to watch the masquerade.

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    are there any other events or conventions you guys are going to?

9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am sure we are all interested in the possibilities of any and all conferences.. I honestly do not know of any at the moment.. anybody else have any ideas or thoughts on this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.