main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Anyone going to see AotC @ Fountain Gate (Midnight Session)??!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I picked up my ticket today, let me know if anyone else from the Forums are going to the Fountain Gate midnight screening.

2. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I'm sure you have your reasons, but why would you go to Fountain Gate when the rest of the Star Wars fan community will be in the City all gathered together to unite?

Sure you may get to see the film at the same time, but seeing the movie with Joe Public is NOTHING like seeing it with the people who KNOW was Star Wars is and what it represents.

Honestly, to see the film anywhere else besides the Cinema Centre at 12:01 is like robbing yourself of a unique experience.

3. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I don't think so.

I am still seeing it at midnight. Why drive all the way to the city, when I have a cinema 5 minutes away! Plus it is a brand new cinema, newer than all the city cinema's!!

I am sure that there will be fans at the midnight Fountain Gate session, any midnight session for that matter, for who but only a fan would go and see a movie at midnight... and when I got my ticket yesterday, there was only about two left, so obviously it was pretty popular.

4. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Well guess what, Fountain Gate is closer to me than the City is too, so is Knox, Chadstone, The Glen, Waverley.... need I go on.

The point is that it's not the cinema itself that is the attraction to the city screening, it's the ATMOSPHERE. If you want further evidence to this, watch The Phandom Menace at the TPM premiere.

Sure every man and his dog will attend for whatever Midnight screenings are on in all those other cinemas, and they'll all have a good time, but really there is only one place to be tonight - which is why nearly everyone on this board is going there too.

Essentially you can choose to SEE the film or you can choose to EXPERIENCE the film. As a long time veteran of film premieres of this nature, I KNOW where I will be tonight.

The thing I hear all so often is people saying "gosh I wish I had've been there."

(I guess it also helps that all of my sci-fi friends and the Star Wars fan club community will be there too)

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I was at the TPM premiere at Crown in '99...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.