main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harris, PA Anyone going to Star Wars in Concert?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by del, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. del

del Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2008
    I'm going to the Giant Center show in Hershey on July 19th. If anyone has been to other shows, are people going in costume? I'd have to work on a new set of robes for my husband and I, but I'm thinking about it.
    AMy

2. del

Jul 4, 2008
    Crickets chirping huh? Well, it looks like I won't be making costumes - there won't be time with my new work schedule.

3. JediMasterMark

JediMasterMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2010
    Hey there!

I'm just getting on the forums here in the Harrisburg area (used to belong and live in Richmond, went in costume for Episode III premier). I'm going to be there, and am pretty sure I want to break out the old lightsaber for the show. :)

Mark

4. del

Jul 4, 2008
    Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I probably won't be in costume, because I'm the only one in the group that's going who has robes.

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I looked into it but once I saw ticket prices I knew it was nothing I could afford right now.

6. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    Definitely an awesome show. I'm sure it'll come back around. Those of us in costume felt right at home, lol. If interested, the show itself is already on DVD - I found that in the soundtrack for Episode III, it had a bonus DVD - Star Wars: A Musical Journey that was the same narration and scenes shown at the concert. Still, nothing beats the live musical show.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Hey, I've never posted here, but I live in Carlisle, PA, about 20 minutes away from Harrisburg.

Anyway, I saw the show at Giant Center and was blown away! The only thing I disliked was the awful crowd control around the exhibits. I couldn't get a close look at any if them.

8. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    It was a little crazy with the exhibits. Though when you're dressed in Jedi garb and have a lightsaber, moving through the crowd was surprisingly easier... :p

9. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Oh, I was the one who shouted "Go triangle lady!" at the end, if anyone heard that. :p

10. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    That was pretty funny... the camera focuses on the hot girl with the triangle and everyone starts cheering. Next thing, she's blushing, very cool. Overall, awesome concert. Hope they come again, same show and all... I'd definitely be there.

11. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I would see it again in a heartbeat and, judging by the audience response, I would not be the only one!

12. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    Nope! I'd be right there all costumed up as well! Can't wait. May go home this afternoon and put the DVD into the player to just enjoy the sights again...

13. del

Jul 4, 2008
    I loved the show, but I'm actually kind of glad I didn't dress up. It looked like people in costume couldn't move more than a foot at a time. I took some pictures, and will put them in a photobucket account as soon as I upload them from the camera.

14. del

Jul 4, 2008
    I finally got around to putting my pictures from the concert on Photobucket. Sorry they're not the best quality. Trying to fight crowds doesn't make for great photography. There are a few that are very similar, because my husband took a lot of pics with his iPhone too.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/delirium_dizzy/StarWarsinConcert72010/

15. JediMasterMark

Jul 1, 2010
    I feel your pain in the crowd issue. But these pictures look really great... thanks so much for sharing them!

16. del

Jul 4, 2008
    I forgot to mention - I had a good laugh while fighting my way through the crowd to see the displays. A woman behind me asked, "Where are the teddybears? I heard they had those little bears from the third movie here somewhere."

17. Peedunkey_Murishani

Peedunkey_Murishani Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2010
    I went to Star Wars in Concert last year in Seattle, it was FANTASTIC. Anyhow, there were a TON of people in costume... and everyone carried around their lightsabers and stuff and when the lights were out but the show hadn't started they were all aglow, it was pretty sweet.

18. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I had a great time. It was great to be around so many Star Wars fans. I didn't know there were so many in the area! I thought I was the only one!

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I went to Star Wars in Concert at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA on 11/17/2009. (Wow, a year ago tomorrow!) It was fantastic. I loved it and so did my brother and his wife.

I got us tickets in Club 118 section through my work at no additional cost, which was awesome. When we got there, they had to move us because the crane with the camera would have obstructed our view so they upgraded us to Floor 2 Row B Seat 7 - 9. So the three of us were two rows away from the stage. We could feel the fire on our faces during the parts that they used it. It was a blast!

I hope they come back to the area in 2011!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.