main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Des Moi, IA Anyone going to the Fair?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Kyle Katarn, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It's the 9th-19th which should give you plenty of time to stock up on all the cholesterol fighting food you'll need to eat for the rest of the month and well into September just to combat all the artery clogging goodness that is served up at the Fair.

Perhaps those of us who are going could meetup there on the weekend?

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hothie and I will be there this Saturday and I think the last Sunday. His nephew is in the Iowa Idol contest so we'll be watching him. We'd love to meet up with you there :) When will you be going?

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I may be there on Saturday assuming all goes well for me this week. If that's the case, I'll let you know where on Saturday I'd be interested in meeting up at and when.

Also, be sure to take advantage of the discounted bus fare from the capitol complex to the Fairgrounds. Last I recall it was 50 cents each way and beats paying through the nose to park on someone's yard.

4. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    True, buses are a cheap way to go. I prefer to park close in the neighborhoods around the fair. I can usually find a good spot. We'll definitely be at the Iowa Idol at 10:30 on Saturday. We'll probably get to the Fair around 8:30-9ish.

5. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    I'll be out there the last sat. working the UNI booth from 6-9pm. I've done it for the last few years. Not a bad deal, I get in free, get a cool T-shirt and all I have to do is put Tattoos on kids for 3 hrs.

6. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Taylor is moving on the the Iowa Idol Finals, which are held the last Sunday of the Fair (half-price day) at noon. Dajuan and I will be there, so we won't be going to minis at Jay's that day.

7. unihawk

unihawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Good Luck Taylor

We'll miss ya on sun., by the way what are we play this week?

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Normal DCI since we'll be doing Endor the week after most likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.