main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone good at making animated logos?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by HowardFilms, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    With some trailers coming up in the not-so-distant future, I am very interested now in getting a good logo for Howard Films. I had a still one based off the "Blue Harvest" logo. I tried making some with a program I found, but I have never had much artistic flair with logos. I figured this would be the best place to turn for help.

Something generic will be fine, cool effects would be a plus. All I really need in it specifically is of course "Howard Films", and in addition, our tagline "Expect the Impossible"

Very much thanks to anyone who helps me out on this one, and naturally credits in any film I use it in.

2. Jediknightmcgrif

Jediknightmcgrif Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2004
    I think I was asking myself this very question a week ago when i was getting alot of concrens about using the Lucasfilm and 2oth century fox logo in the Jedi GUArdian teaser. It was then when I started to mess around with pictures on the web, After effects plugins and music when I created something I was proud of.

I'm no expert on Logos, but my advice to you helped me start to think that maybe I could be. I am happy with my logo I made.

1. Think about what you want your logo to look like..

2. Work in reverse. (Start from the finished product and fiddle with the plugins and keyframes and animate it backwards.)

3. Try different variations of your logo. Remember... If you want to be original, Come up with your own style.

4.... We can't Stress this enough...GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE! You'll be surprised what you can find if you dedicate your time and effort.. Look for refrences of the logo you want...pictures.... Watch your reference logo again and again and look for tutorials....My gosh...THere are tutorials out there...I garuntee it...You'll find it.

5. Brainstorm and draw how you want your logo to End....

6.. Draw how you want your logo to begin.

7.... Play with after effects... The distort effects, Keyframes... Title ... And ...Your logo will come to you...

I know this because Mine found me. Be patient. YOu'll get it.

I know you will.

3. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    I've made logos for a lot of other people, some even here...

ask Bigman Entertainment. I made one for him when I had just started to use after effects.

and really, logos are a personal thing. you should do it yourself, or give specific instructions on how you want it to be.

Me, personally? My logo for Enigmatic Pictures is very simple...Its a flickering sign that explodes when it shorts out. see, simple can work.

but if you really want a logo, specify. I might be able to work you in, cause my sabers don't get here until tuesday, and my cameraman says he's in LA, and he's the only one that will let me use his hi-def...so I have a little extra time to play around.

EDIT:

I take it you mean this logo?

[image=http://home.mchsi.com/~tk-733/wsb/media/427102/site1043.jpg]

4. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes the logo was in that style. It's around somewhere.

I was looking for something generic, not starwarsy, for other films I may need it for too. I'm not really concerned with using my FOX 'Howard Films' logo for legal reasons, I just don't really want it for my other projects.

I was thinking that the logo could be a close up run of the words "Howard Films" (Sort of like the camera closely running up to Spidey's suit in the Spider Man three trailer. Then the whole thing would come into frame, and once that was in, "Expect the Impossible" (our tagline) would appear (letter by letter, though quickly so it flows, left to right) with a nice glow behind it, then a fade out. That's what I envisioned, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.