main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone got an IG-88 'Droids' series cardfront?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blackout, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hey peoples :D

Have any of you folks got a cardfront of the 'Droids' issue IG-88?

[image=http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8235/ig88_well_small.jpg]

I say cardfront because I'm after a hi-res scan of the artwork for some Droids Fanart. I've got the scan of Boba, and I'd like IG-88 to 'match up' with him. Anywhere from 250dpi upwards would be great :)

I'm aware that there aren't many of these cards about, and obviously if it's got the figure on the front then you want to keep it that way, so scanning's more or less out. Which is fair enough ;)

If anyone can help me out but can't host, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy.

Cheers in advance,
    B.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The 'Droids' IG-88 figure is not listed in either of my collecting books ('A Universe of Star Wars Collectables' or 'Super Collectors Wish Book'). 'Universe' does make mention of there being 8 Droids figures advertised in Kenner's 1986 catalog that were never produced - was IG-88 one of them?

3. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I just looked in "Star Wars super collectors wish book" and RebelScum.com and I hate to say this they do not list IG-88 a a figure in that line.

4. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    [face_thinking] Shortly after posting that last night, I went to bed an had a look through my copy of The Action Figure Archive. There's a section in there for Droids and Ewoks, and yep; sure enough, there's no mention of it in there either.

Arse. :(

Thanks for indulging me anyways ;) I guess I've got to try and track that artwork down now. The card (above) has got to be a custom, but the artwork has to come from somewhere...

Cheers folks,
    B.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Your scan is kinda small, but the IG-88 art looks similar to his pic in 'New Essential Guide to Characters'. It is not identical - the pose in NEGTC is different. If you don't have the NEGTC I can scan the page for you if you PM me an email address. Maybe that will do for your artwork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.