Anyone have a Kyle Katarn costume? Filmmaker Needs Help!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jaren_Valnor, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Jaren_Valnor Force Ghost

star 2
    I put this here rather than in the filmmaking forum because I feel I'm more likely to find someone I need on here.

I'm working on a New Jedi Order fanfilm, The Awakening Threat. In the final scene, a hologram [or video image, not sure yet] of Kyle Katarn communicates with our protagonists. He only says four or five sentences, but obviously we want a pretty dead-on look and image. It's set 10 years after the trilogy, so Kyle is a bearded Jedi on Yavin IV. In addition to casting in real life, we're also looking for people online who have the costume and resemble Katarn. Even if the costume is incomplete...if we decide to go the video route only the chest up will be visible, and if we go hologram, the hologram will be tiny, like Vader's in the AT-AT in ESB.

No matter where you are, all you'd have to do is film yourself [good-quality camera is not needed, as it is a long-range transmission] saying the lines. If you have greenscreen experience, then a hologram is what we'll use. If not, some kind of Yavin IV ish background is fine by us.

Interested parties please respond here, PM, or email rym5083@psu.edu with Kyle Katarn in the subject line. Thanks!
  2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I've only ever known one person to make that costume, so good luck.
  3. BPStoyle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If you're doing it from the chest up, you're in luck because there's an NJO Katarn costume from the "Equals & Opposites" comic story, that should be simple enough to replicate.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/15/Katarnnjo.JPG]

You could make do with a white/off-white/cream colored ribbed shirt and a brown leather jacket, depending on how close up your shot is.
  4. Jaren_Valnor Force Ghost

star 2
    Nice! Now that we have that, the problem isn't so much the costume as it is finding someone to play Katarn. None of us know any lookalikes. =/
  5. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont have a Katarn costume, but i've got a Bryar Pistol in progress, brown hair, and a beard...

and i do have dark cargo pants, tall boots and a brown leather jacket. All i'd need is the white shirt and the saber.

6. Jaren_Valnor Force Ghost

star 2
    Excellent! Can you send me a picture to the email listed above? Where do you live? Do you have access to a video camera of any kind? Thanks!
  7. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.