main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone have a Master List of SFBC Novel Hardbacks?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterNole, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterNole

JediMasterNole Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2010
    I'm very picky about my Personal Library and love hardbacks and hate paperbacks. I'd prefer to have as many Hardbacks as possible and want them to be as close to the same in size as possible. Since some titles were not released in Hardback, save for from the SFBC, that means my collection must be as completely SFBC as possible (I realize they all won't be).

I have these in SFBC titles (in SW Chrono) and want to know if there are any more SFBC hardback releases floating around that I need to search for-even if Out of Print.

Darth Bane Trilogy
    Rogue Planet
    Outbound Flight
    Republic Commando Vols. I & II
    The Cestus Deception
    Medstar Duology
    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    The Han Solo Trilogy & the 3 'Corporate Sector' Books
    Allegiance
    Star Wars Tales
    Death Star
    The Star Wars Trilogy
    The Jedi Academy Trilogy
    I, Jedi
    Darksaber
    The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy
    The New Rebellion
    The Corellian Trilogy
    The Hand of Thrawn Duology
    NJO: Dark Tide
    NJO: Agents of Chaos
    NJO: Balance Point
    NJO: Edge of Victory
    NJO: Dark Journey
    NJO: Enemy Lines
    NJO: Traitor
    NJO: Force Heretic
    NJO: The Final Prophecy
    Legacy of the Force Series
    Fate of the Jedi Series

Thanks!!

2. BabyGreedo38

BabyGreedo38 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    The SFBC published a hardback compilation of the Dark Nest trilogy.

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I have Vector Prime, The Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones as SFBC hardbacks. Also Specter of the Past by itself.

The SOTP book is red. As in, take the jacket off, and the book is red, not black. Is that true with every SOTP hardcover, or is the SFBC one unique? I've wondered this for years.

4. JediMasterNole

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks, obtained those and the Dark Nest Trilogy (already had SotP). Anyone else know of any others?
    FTR, my Specter of the Past copy is red-my Vision of the Future copy is dark grey.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    They also did 2 or 3 collections of Young Jedi Knights.

6. Thedude3445

Thedude3445 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm the same exact way; I always look for a hardback over the paperbacks, no matter the price (since I buy used on most occasions). So wait... the Tales of books ARE in hardback? All 5, or just certain ones?

7. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Traitor was I'm pretty sure.

8. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    They did do Traitor, and it's one of the most valuable Star Wars books around. eBay copies go for a good $100 at least.

See I didn't think that was Sci-Fi Book Club, I thought those were just fun omnibus-style collections.

9. leesweinberg

leesweinberg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2008
    Its 3 HC collections for YJK.

Don't forget about the HC versions of the first 2 Lando Calrissian books.

10. JediMasterNole

Apr 13, 2010
    Found out there are 3 and just secured 1 of them. Thanks.
    My HB copy of Star Wars Tales includes Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, and Tales From Jabba's Palace.
    I found NJO: Traitor on Amazon for $7 including shipping. It was labeled "Very Good" under the "unknown binding" listing, but if I sold it I'd list it as "Like New." It's a breathtakingly beautiful copy. Of the NJO Series, the only I need are Dark Journey and Final Prophecy.

11. tglass1976

tglass1976 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I have a copy of Dark Journey I'll sell you. Send me a PM if you're interested.

12. Monosyllabic

Monosyllabic Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah there's a trilogy collection of Dark Nest I prefer hardcovers as well I wish there was another republic commando collection with the other two books.

13. JediMasterNole

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks, but the system won't let me send PMs yet. It'd have to be in Like New Condition or better and be moderately priced. I'm exceedingly patient when it comes to buying and will wait for the right deal to come along (which is why I got NJO: Traitor for so cheap).

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This website has a chunk listed.

15. JediMasterNole

Apr 13, 2010
    Thank you. I have been there though and there isn't enough specification for what I need (example: The Cestus Deception is available as an SFBC book, but they don't say so). I had emailed the website admins. for clarification.

Actually, I just dug up this ... http://swnovels.bravehost.com/Index.html ... and it seems to be what I was looking for. Maybe it'll help some of ya'll who've been so helpful to me.

16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    There was a poster here who posted a screenshot of their bookshelf and they had like... every single novel in hardcover... anyone remember who that was?

17. leesweinberg

Sep 29, 2008
    that was me -- i have every single available HC book. :)

[image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq99/leesweinberg/SWBooks.jpg]

photos is a little old - doesnt have a few more recently purchased titles.

18. tglass1976

tglass1976 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Didn't realize there was a min. post requirement to send a PM. The book still looks brand new, send me an email at tglass1976"at"yahoo.com for details if you're interested.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    20 posts, sadly. Side-effect of the tech update we had a few months back now. But don't worry, we're moving boards soon so there will be a whole new wave of little asides to pick up on. [face_laugh]

20. DarthNeumann

DarthNeumann Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2006
    Anyone notice they haven't done any HB exclusives lately? I think the last one was Republic Commando, Volume 2. Grant it, there hasn't been many SB only novels but I've been patiently waiting for the Coruscant Nights books

21. leesweinberg

Sep 29, 2008
    Yep -- its pretty disappointing. Last exclusive book was RC2, and they don't seem to be planning a version for Coruscant Nights, Clone Wars or Crosscurrent (although I know that may be early). Luckily the Clone Wars books are published HC in the UK, but would be cheaper/easier if they were available via SFBC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.