main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Anyone have "Empire" and "Return" on laserdisc?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mskeezer, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone has the '95 release of these movies on laserdisc. I've got the '95 release of "A New Hope", and was looking to complete the collection.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I believe Qui-Gon Brian mentioned that he had the SW movies on laserdisc, not sure which ones though.

3. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I've got em all

I still need to figure out a way to get the digital files straight from a player to my computer. I did a little research, but haven't come up with anything yet.

I'm just counting down the months until I get my dual-layer burner and 260 gig hard drive.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I know DarthTrader does but I know he's not willing to part with them. BTW I got the ORIGINAL OT on DVD now.

5. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    My ex-wife has them on laserdisc.... of course that doesn't do ANYBODY any good..... ;)

6. mskeezer

Sep 29, 2004
    Arhhh. I guess I'll have to get them off Ebay. Hmmm, maybe I should just save up and get the Definitive Collection. That'd be nice.

I've got them on DVD, but it's just cool to go back every once in a while and check out the original originals, mainly for sentimental reasons, ya know. I had them on tape at one point, don't know what happened to them, though. Maybe I'll just buy the set on VHS or something. It's not like I'll be watching them everyday, plus it wouldn't be as expensive as the LD's...

7. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    dajaun, did you get one of the imports from China?

I thought about doing that a while ago, but I wasn't sure about the quality or anything, so I just decided against it

8. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I know I don't have any SW movies on any disc, but what do you mean by laserdisc? *is not the biggest computer expert*

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Laserdisc is something that preceeded DVD's.

I got them from someone who made them from Laser Disc. The quality is a little better than the VHS, but not DVD. Best I can do for the moment. The ones on VCD are really good though.

10. mskeezer

Sep 29, 2004
    Dajuan, you actually thought the quality on the VCD's was good? I bought the Ep 1 VCD, and it looked horrible.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Compare the VCD to the old VHS, you know the one from the 80's. Then it's pretty good. Compared to DVD's no way, it's not good at all.

12. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Dajuan, I've been watching that ESB DVD you gave me and discovered that there's a near half hour long gap where there's nothing. It's right before Luke lands on Dagobah. He says the line about starting the landing cycle and then it cuts out and picks up where it left off after a half hour. I haven't watched either of the others, but it's a pretty bum copy. :confused:

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hmmm, ANH wasn't bad, there was a pause but that's it. ROTJ Randy said was really good. I'll see what I can do about the ESB one.

14. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Discussing illegally distributed copies of DVDs makes baby Yoda cry.

User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

~H~

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry H, wasn't thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.