main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anyone have star wars tattoo's?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SithAboveAll, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    may not be thought of as a "collection"...unless you have a lot. just wanted to ask in here since this is where i spend most of my time on TFN. my girl thinks i should get one since i'm so involved with it. but dont have a clue what to get or where to put it.

pics would be really cool as well....

2. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I have the rebel insignia on my left shoulder, will post a pic soon!

EDIT: Pic quickly taken and added to my collection pics for a brief period only. It's the last one. Follow the link below!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There was a user called 'starwarsarmboy' who posted in the Cafe for awhile who was into the tattoos. I haven't seen his posts in awhile though. If you don't get enough responses here, try asking in the Star Wars Community forum. I occasionally see tattoo threads over there.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    A guy in one of our neighboring fan forces has a nice Boba Fett on his arm. He eventually had Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan autograph his arm and then had those autographs tattooed in.

5. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    I'm not that committed and don't like the idea of getting myself cut open and ink poured in. Only vital surgery is when I'd allow for cutting me open.

As for what you should do, if you REALLY do want one (don't if your ever so slightly hesitant) get a small hidden tattoo, nothing detailed or big especially if it's your first. A rebel or Imperial logo is a good choice. Try to pick a unique spot for it where other's wouldn't think of putting it (don't be too adventurous[face_mischief]), I like the idea of having a tattoo on the back of a hand.

If I were to get a tattoo, it wouldn't be SW, just some cool pattern, but I'd have it behind my ear (like Robbie Williams if you see a pic of the back of his head) it looks really cool when it's small, and it isn't necessarily seen if you don't want to advertise your tattoo. Long hair will hide it, while shorter hair will put it on view.:)

If I was really adventurous, I'd go for one of those whole arm tattoos (if you've seen From Dusk Til Dawn, it'd be that massive tattoo Clooney has.

6. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I've got the Imperial Logo on my left upper arm, going to add to it sometime soon. I'm also going to get the Boba Fett skull on the back of my neck.

For first timers, pick something you really like, don't just go in blind and pick off a wall or out of a book. It's a good idea to have something in mind of what you want. Ask to see the artists book of work, any good tattoo artist should have one or more around. It's going to be on you, so see what they've done in the past before you have them work on you! Out of the 4 I have, I've had the same artist do the last 3 because I trust him and his skill. My wife goes to a specific hairdresser, it's kind of the same with my tats. You don't want just anybody putting ink on you! Ask and if you want, ask to be shown the Autoclave. If they get upset or don't have one, then turn around and leave immediately! Make sure they use disposable needles, again if they get upset or whatever, exit out of there fast! These two things are vital against getting infections or diseases, so don't feel stupid asking about them!

Pain: it's going to hurt, deal with it. Some areas hurt worse then others, something to keep in mind when picking a place to put it. The more fatty tissue, the lesser the pain(usually), areas where there's not much between the skin and a bone say the ankle or wrist might hurt worse then the upper arm. It always feels like a slow cat scratch to me, but it's not too bad. Also, you may want to think about if you want it to show or not. If you work in the public eye or something you may want to forgo the Rebel logo on your forehead!

Tats are kind of addictive, so you may be opening Pandora's box with this venture. Good luck and have fun!

~DZ

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I have a old Hervé Villechaize doll holding a lightsaber, does that count?

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I don't have any, but I'd like to get an Imperial cog on my inner forearm or something with 501st above it, and 1887 (my TK #) below it... All in Aurebesh :)

9. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    I think its about time to get the Rebel logo somewhere...

10. Lord_Dantes

Lord_Dantes Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I have a Mandalorian Horned skull on my right forearm, along with a tribal wristband and a Dale Earnhardt memorial of the number 3 with wings. On my right bicept I have Wolverine.

11. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'm not creative enough to come up with something on my own. i would want something to color to it though. maybe a 501st helmet...i dont know

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I have the Imperial symbol in smoke on my lower back.

13. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    that sounds kind of intereting. pic of it?

14. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Not yet. I do have the Sepultura snake on my left shoulder and the Sepultura tribal on my right, though. But a friend of mine is designing a tat with my daughter's name (Linet Amber) in Aurek. It's either gonna be something Celtic or Aztek.

Btw, can't remember getting my tattoos actually hurt. Then again, the shoulder is mostly soft tissue. Getting a tat on your shoulder blades will prove painful.

I once saw a band from Switzerland (Gurd, supporting for the great NYC band Life of Agony), where the bass player had a huge Imp symbol on his right calf. Neat.

However, my advice would also be to a) really assure yourself of wanting a tattoo (these things are guaranteed to last three years after death) and then b) really assure yourself of what your tat should be.

15. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Till your skin falls off.[face_sick]

16. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Ah... details ;)

17. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I don't as of yet, but I'll try to get one done.

18. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    is it a dark smoke or a white smoke?

19. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    I have the Animated Clone Wars Yoda on my right forearm and the ARC trooper on my left forearm.

Right now, I am putting together some of my favorite characters and artwork and am in the process of getting a half sleeve on my right arm of all SW.

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    sounds interesting. but you know you want a full sleeve...

21. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    More than likely it will end up being a full sleeve with the death star and the emperor at the top. I am even considering putting a lego anakin and obiwan dueling just like on the poster for ep 3 down on the wrist. Not sure yet though.

22. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have 4.This is my right leg. If you look close you can see one of my others, Rebel insignia with the dates 1977-2005 over and above it. I also have a EPIII Vader and the Star Wars logo with hands holding a lightsaber over it on my arm.

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/jedimaster_eric/Picture.jpg]

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If it wasn't for the 8-Ball Shark tat on my right shoulder I'd pt a bantha skull there since that's where it's at on Fett. If I ever get a second tattoo it'll be a SW one. I always thought the art on the cover of the ROTJ novel would make a good tattoo.

24. Wildekarrde

Wildekarrde Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1998
    I have the word "chef" in Aurebesh on my right bicep. it'll probably be joined by more in Aurebesh as well. My other tats are written in chinese characters. I have to agree with Darth Zemog....they're very addictive. :D

25. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    hey, we finally got a picture of one. fett looks good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.