Anyone have the SE Technical Journal supplements?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sturm Antilles, Sep 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    In 1997, they released these magazines with new supplemental posters.

There was a diagram of Vader's TIE Fighter cockpit, an IMP probe droid, the Sentinel-class Landing Craft and the Yavin 4 hangar, among others.

Does anyone have scans of these? I didn't want to buy those mags again when they came out, as I already had the Imperial and Rebel ones, and the book.

Also...

In the Rebel TJ, there was a schematic of the Golan gun tower, and the Imperial TJ had a map of Detention Block AA-23. Neither were reprinted for the book release. Did the Tatooine TJ have something that wasn't in the book?
  2. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
  3. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
  4. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry, I can't help :_|
  5. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I too, am interested in these.
  6. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  7. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have the Techie Journals and I think all the maps that came with them. :D
  8. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Scans of the new material?
  9. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That came out AFTER the Tech Journal was published. These new ones came at around the time of the Special Editions, I guess.
  10. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Yes, they did.

The individual magazines were rereleased in 1997 in plastic bags - the supplements came as fold-out mini-posters.

I actually "liberated" the one with Vader's TIE and the Landing Craft from Barnes and Noble, but I don't have it here to scan.

I want the others...
  11. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For now, any that are available are useful. Hopefully you'll find time to scan it. :D
  12. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Seeing as how I seem to have tons of stuff that people want me to scan, I'll probably start some "Rare Expanded Universe" website that has everything people want to see. Perhaps sometime next year I'll have it ready.

BTW - Val, I lost that auction on the Jedi Dawn book. I set my alarm to wake up and bid during the last minute, and I slept right through it. Man, I got pissed...

13. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  14. Bubba Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's cool. I'll wait. :)

Sorry about the bid. How much was it up for when you went to bed?
  15. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have the Rebel and Imperial ones. But I got the original release of the Tatooine one. :(

I don't personally have a scanner. Next time I go to my friends house I'll try and get it done.

Ahh, the imfamous Jedi Dawn. Pooh, ohh well. I'm really interested in that website, Sturm. Keep us informed!
  16. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Wedge, does the original Tatooine mag have anything that didn't make it into the book release? That is, if you've compared them.

Anyway...it was a bummer about the Jedi Dawn book. The auction ended with 1 bid at like $ 3...

17. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There is a book with all 3 of them together or something?
  18. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    You're just now realizing this?! It's been in most bookstores I've been to since 1996. That's when I bought mine. :)
  19. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It's been out of print for 3 years or so though.
  20. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    True. But I still see it once in awhile. It's about as common as the Lucasfilm Archives book.
  21. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Never seen it. And the only times I've seen the single issues is when I bought them. And this was all before I read any mainstream EU.
  22. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Yes, the Imperial TJ was one of my first glimpses of the EU, and I bought it the same month I got hooked on the novels.
  23. Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I accually lost all my issues once. Lent them to a kid next door. He lost them for over 6 months. Found them under his bed one day. I was going to have him replace them if he didn't find them.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I have the Imp TJ and the TIE cockpit and Sentinal supplement thing. Oh, and it also had this thing on the 'probe droid', those small ones from ANH. I'll get them scanned tomorrow... don't have time today.
  25. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    That's the one I have. Everyone would be glad to see a scan, if you could. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.