main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone here actually religious?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by slimybug, Feb 14, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    I enjoy the irony in this posting, but aside from that, I'll continue to posit that you're just wrong. I'm sorry, but your narrow definition of how "science" is supposed to work does not match up with observation, let's just say, falsification in the way you use it, has been falsified as a correct way of thinking about scientific method and as a way of thinking about scientific progress. Not that that'll change your mind, but I don't mind. I don't know, if you feel yourself above the entire field of philosophy of science & history of science because you just know in your heart that they're all wrong and phonies. Hey, that's fine. I wouldn't try and convince the Pope to give up Catholicism either, it'd be too much of an exercise in futility, no?

2. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    I'll just add that this ironically enough goes for just about any scientific experiment, as you can never rule out completely that any result has not been influenced by auxiliary theories or faults in the array of instruments used. Not to mention that we've continued to use certain theories in so-called "hard science" because of lack of alternatives, for example, even though it was obvious that they were deeply flawed. Even falsification isn't always the nail-in-the-coffin that Vivec would have you believe. Ohh, the fun we've had with explaining away anomalies over the years is quite astounding.

3. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    That kind of stuff happens all the time. Whenever I learn a new word, and I'm certain that I've never heard the word before, all of sudden I begin seeing it everywhere (well not everywhere).

Explain that, Science.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
  5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    slimy i am happy that you have found religion to be a meaningful guide to your life and i hope you use that to become a better person