main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone here collect Star Wars movies?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Ein_Miu_Core, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ein_Miu_Core

Ein_Miu_Core Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    Right now I have the digitally remastered version, the special edition, the special edition's new box setm, episode I on vhs, episode II on vhs and dvd, soon to get the original trilogy on dvd.

The one I need the most right now is the very originals (unfortunately I wasnt born then) BUT THEY WILL BE MINE I SWEAR MY SOUL TO IT! hehe.

Anyone els have this mad obsession?

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    While I have no obsession to own all the versions I do own quite a few of them.

Original version of VHS (3 ways: store bought set from mid-80s, a taped version of widescreen aired on Sci-Fi Channel, and the remastered set that came out right before the SEs)

Special Edition Widescreen VHS

Episode I Widescreen (on VHS and DVD)

Episode II Widescreen DVD

While I will likely buy the DVD set coming out this fall, I will also likely burn the remastered set to DVD when I get a DVD burner so that I have it preserved.

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Let's see.

I have about 5 Sets of the Classic Trilogy.

Late 80's-Early 1990. - My 1st Set of SW Movies!
    A Different Set from the Early 90's.
    THX Versions
    1st Set of Special Editions
    2nd Set of Special Editions with the Clear Covering.

Episode 1 VHS WideScreen
    Episode 1 VHS Regular

Episode 1 DVD

Episode II: VHS Never Been Opened Regular
    Episode II: DVD Widescreen

Soon to be added:

Classic Trilogy DVD's- Two Sets

Episode III- To be added in 2006??

Hehe :)

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm not big on owning all the film variations. I used to have the original Star Wars in the old '80s case, but I never opened it and eventually returned it to Wal*Mart. I didn't need something I wasn't going to watch. I do have the remastered OT, Special Edition OT, EP. I Widescreen VHS, and EP. II Widescreen DVD. I'll definitely be getting the Special Edition OT DVDs this fall, though I was really pulling for these highly-rumored "Archival Editions". :(

5. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    Why, yes I do collect variantions of the SW Trilogy!
    I've got-

CBS FOX Fullscreen Box Set
    CBS FOX Widescreen Collector's Edition Box Set
    THX Fullscreen Box Set
    SE Fullscreem Box Set
    SE Widescreen Box Set
    Saga Trilogy Box Set
    and another unmentionable trilogy set
    Episode 1 Fullscreen VHS
    Episode 1 Widescreen Collector's Edition VHS
    Episode 1 Widescreen DVD
    Episode 2 Fullscreen VHS
    Episode 2 Widescreen DVD

hehe, I've got a few

...did AOTC come out in Widescreen VHS?

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002

That's probably the last best option a lot of people will have at getting the originals (non-SE) in a nice viewing format, shy of old laser discs. I need to go ahead and dump those tapes over to DVD since I haven't worn them out yet.

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Dal,

As the THX Boxed sets are only remastered, they are actually the better option for people to dump over to DVD as they are newer and since the recording is clearer and the sound is better. There are no added or removed scenes in that set so, it IS the original.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I've got, I think, every VHS and DVD of the films that have ever legally come out.

The best is my boxed Remastered, Letterbox OT VHS's pre-SE's. I also have the ancient tapes w/ the unedited versions.

But I like the SE's too. I've got 'em all and they take up a lot of room in my movie closet :p

When people groan that the archival copies won't be available on DVD I shake my head. This is LUCAS we're talking about here. He remasterd the films in 95- released them on tape, then did the SE's 2 years later and made another killing selling them on tape.

He'll eventually sell the archival copies. Why? Because they like milking the trilogy for ever dime they can get for them (note- I don't think that's a bad thing- see proof above :p )

9. kaspy

kaspy Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Hey! Don't forget BETAMAX. Nothing says the early '80's like the beta format. Smaller than the VHS tapes and competed with VHS when the two formats first became available. I have A New Hope and the Empire strikes Back on Beta. Can't watch 'em, but I got 'em. I also had the only OFFICIAL version of the OT on VCD. It was released only in Singapore, the quality of the images was horrible, similar to most VCDs, and the movies were on two disks each, which was a pain as well.

10. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I only care about one thing right now...

Original Trilogy Widescreen dvd...

Then I'll be all set

11. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    RS - Were the THX remasters released in letterbox? (Are those the ones that came in the vader, yoda, and trooper boxes?)

I had Star Wars and Raiders on beta tape and used to watch them pretty regularly when I worked at a TV station that used Betacam equipment. I gave them away to a fellow co-worker when I quit though.

12. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Were the THX remasters released in letterbox? (Are those the ones that came in the vader, yoda, and trooper boxes?)

Yes, there was a "Widescreen Edition" that had all three packed in a long box side-by-side.

13. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    This is the stuff I have:

1997 Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition (VHS)

Episode 1 (VHS & DVD)

Episode 2 (DVD- both Fullscreen & Widescreen)

Now the only 2 things I need are the OT DVDs (which come out in September) and the Attack of the Clones VHS.

14. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I've got:

Set of original (before thx remaster and se's)
    Set of SE Widescreen first release
    set of SE Fullscreen first release
    set of SE Widescreen second release (clear cover)
    Original ESB laserdisc, before thx remaster and SE's
    Set SE Fullscreen VCD's
    Making of StarWars vhs
    Collectors edition ep1 vhs widescreen boxed set
    Ep1 dvd
    Ep2 dvd

I read something a few years ago about the very first vhs release. Something about a release that only video rental stores got that had just a plain jane box. Anybody know if that's true or not? That would be a real find.

15. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I have:

OT Box Set - '95(?) Edition
    First SE Box Set - '97
    2001(?) Trilogy Box Set (White/Black/Gold design)

EP1 Fullscreen VHS - 1 Opened, 1 Sealed
    EP1 Widescreen VHS - 1 Opened, 1 Sealed
    EP1 Widescreen DVD

EP2 Fullscreen VHS
    EP2 Widescreen DVD
    EP1/2 Fullscreen DVD 2-pack

Plus I got another set of EP1/2 VHS's coming from the Chef Boyardee promotion with possibly more after that, can't get enough of that good stuff. Then of course is the OT DVDs in September.

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I'd do that. I want to get the very first copies to come out on VHS and laser disc versions.

17. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
  18. r2dee2

Mar 18, 1999
    Sorry for the bad link!! This should be better:)

SW MOVIES

19. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    CBS FOX Fullscreen Box Set
    THX Fullscreen Box Set
    SE Fullscreen Box Set
    Episode 1 Fullscreen VHS
    Episode 1 Widescreen Collector's Edition VHS
    Episode 1 Widescreen DVD
    Episode 2 Widescreen DVD
    Ewoks Battle for Endor
    R2-D2: Beneath the dome

Thats what I have.

Forcebewitya!

20. GVOILUMINATI

GVOILUMINATI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2004
    hi:

I got a lot of vhs (cbs/fox, gold, silver, blue box with book, black wide vader box, 1997 trilogy, the last one, making of starwars english and spanish edition, etc), vcds (malasians), dvds (prequels, beneath dome, star of star wars, etc) of Star Wars and the Trilogy but the one i think you missed and also i really want baddly is the EXECUTOR BOX (UK LIMITED EDITION). I saw it on Ebay for almost 300$... anyone saw it elsewhere?

[image=http://www.elladrillo.com.py/fotos/executor.jpg]

[image=http://www.elladrillo.com.py/fotos/executor2.jpg]

? RELEASE DATE:  1995
    ? STUDIO:  Fox Video
    ? RELEASE FORMAT:  VHS
    ? COMMENTS:  The Executor Box Set: a limited numbered edition tin box set (20,000) released in the UK. Contains THX widescreen VHS tapes of all three films, 'From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga' documentary, 5 hours of supplemental material, scripts for all three movies, three video art prints, six matte painting prints, booklet, and a numbered certificate of authenticity
    ? TECHNICAL COMMENTS:  These PAL VHS tapes use the letterbox transfers made for laserdisc
    ? OTHER COMMENTS:  Supplements include: The Making Of Star Wars, SPFX Empire - The Making Of The Empire Strikes Back, Classic Creatures - The Making Of Return Of The Jedi, From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga, Original Teaser & Release Trailers From All 3 Movies, Interviews With George Lucas, The Lucasfilm Archive Tour, The Star Wars Gallery With Ralph McQuarrie, Sound Advice: An Interview With Ben Burtt, How Walkers Walk: Stop Motion Workshop Footage - Narrated By Dennis Muren, The Flight Through The Asteroids: A Storyboard Comparison, The ABC's Of Jedi Effects: An Interview With Dennis Muren, Jedi Videomatics: A Moving Storyboard - Narrated By Ken Ralston, Lapti Nek: The Music Video From Jabba's Palace

Have a nice day.. i'm so mad about the new fan club!! y subscribe to the insider 4 months ago and now this....daaammm!!

21. r2dee2

Mar 18, 1999
    GVOILUMINATI, that Executor set is indeed AWESOME!!! Just wish is was released in a non PAL format:(

22. GVOILUMINATI

GVOILUMINATI Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2004
    yeah...awesome in did!!

No worries about the PAL system to me or anybody. If you have a decent o kinda professional VHS system and tv you can watch this ''foreign'' editions with no problem ...oh the technology!.

I looking for that set at Ebay now but i can findit, anybody has any info where to purchase the box?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.