main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Anyone here collects anything other than SW merchandise?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeroX

zeroX Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    well, time is hard to arrange on sunday for me. Anyway, most of the time in clark quay, you actaully see the same person selling the same stuff at the same price. N most of the time, the stuff wont move, y cant these pple just reduce the price a bit :p . Most of my trip there, i just go there n dig for "treasures" haha. Like last year i found this really cute vintage wind up R2D2 but most of the time, i go home empty handed....

2. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    zerox: I muz agree with u... Sometimes I made a wasted trip down but the sight of all those toys be it cheap or expensive or those I have or dun have, made me feel very happy. At least for that hour or two I can't enjoy looking at toys other than my books. :)

3. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    JediJean When I was young I also have lots of care bears. Cool. Too bad my mum gave it away. It's been ages since I last saw any care bears. Feeling bit of nostalgic.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, I also want to get those Strawberry Shortcakes Keychain dolls at TRU or Taka but some things got to be put first like Maul Sith Training. :p

Used to have this "expansive" 20"(?) Doll of Strawberry Shortcake but one day when I was little, my bro and his friend decide to play throw and it landed 13 floors downstairs. And they never told me or my parents or even go downstairs to retrive it! :_| Until now I never see that kind of Doll being sold in Singapore again, vintage or new. :(

5. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Oooo... I saw the care bears keychains at Carrefour too!

Haha! really wanna go and buy the Disney figures... but I know once I start, it'll be a forever and forever thing... knowing Disney got hundreds of characters... Hahaha!

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I finally succumbed to the dark side and bought a TOMY disney Dumbo toy for my gf. Nice!!! Recommended. Tomy SW merchandise are also cool as well. Anyone saw the diorama by them? About 3 inch tall.

7. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    The next wave of TOMY DISNEY figures are out!

Consist of Cinderella, Prince Charming, Buzz LightYear and Doc (dwalf)!

http://www.goblinjp.com/goblin/figure/disney/disney.html

8. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Cool, have u bought ur first?
    Currently, I'm looking for Kubricks. Aimming for the Mario set. Btw, where on earth is Maul and Anakin? I've seen them at all collectors' stores, but y not yet in major retail outlets?

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I still haven't gotten any phone calls from the fellow from TRU Forum. :( Maybe they are still packing the action figures here as I heard a few years ago that most of Hasbro toys came here unpacked so are packed into their boxes/package here. Or the items are coming by sea and the US were given main prioty in delivery while nearer areas later.

The collectors' shop probably gotten theirs directly from Hong Kong, fully pack and by airmail?

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Do they really get theirs directly from Hong Kong?

11. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Anyone buy Gundam Model Kits or Transformer?

I need your help.

12. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    i use to tmingyang, collect transformers and gundam last time. Is there anything i can help?

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I will be bringing in some TF and Gundam kits, so would like to know which are the popular ones among collectors.

The Gundam one will be on consignment basis so it would be alright if I bring the wrong stock.

But TF one will be imported directly.

Thanks, I need your advice.

14. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    For Gundam models, real hard core collectors would usually go for the perfect grade, big big box with lots of details. New gundam fans tend to prefer The Gundam Wing series especially the endlesss waltz one. There was a time whereby the Gundam Wing Zero custom blue box edition was in hot demand, could sell for a good price. But recently they repenish it.
    Slightly older fans still prefer the older more classica robots from the original series.
    As for transformers, all time favourites would be optimus prime, megatron and "Star Scream." It would be good if you can get the early versions of beast wars figures especially optimus primal, it was quite a sell out. i am not sure about other pple but i personally like those transfomers which can merge together like the contructercons. Some pple i beleive would like the dinobots and "bumble bee" very much.
    That's about all i know i guess.

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hey thanks for your advice.

Now I have a rough idea. Thanks dude!

16. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I used to have the diaclone Constructicons which merged to form Devastator. I think I still have them, only missing the pieces to merge. Sigh.. :(

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I have some transformers; 6 from the OS, 1 from Generation "2"-Action Master and 1 from G2 (those multiple color ones and Megatron is a tank). But those re-released Transformers G1 are way out of my budget right now. :_|

18. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Oh no...thanks for all the info. I really have no idea what are they. Seem so alien to me. But it's only 10 years since I last watched them. :~(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.