main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Anyone here go to UVSC (or BYU)?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I am a student at UVSC, and am working night and day on special effects for my movie. I would love to work with people who are locally oriented.

A 138+ page script is in the works, and several sequences require real enginuity with computer effects.

Any interested parties are welcome to email me at corrin_stargazer@yahoo.com , or post here.

Thank you.

-Corrin

2. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Hey I go to BYU. So do quite a few other people on these boards.

I'm sure I would be able to help you and I would REALLY love to. The problem is - I don't have much time because of school right now. Then I'm going back home as soon as school's over.

I'd be willing to help you with any questions or anything that you might have, because I've done a lot of special effects and animation stuff. But I don't think I can directly help.

That must be one heck of a story for 138 pages!! ;)

3. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I understand. I really shouldn't be worried about these things right now. I still have a mission ahead of me, and soon. And I won't be doing any serious work on my fanfilm until I'm home. :S

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I can help during the summer, but till then consider me dead. It's easier that way if I die. :)
    I can't DO alot of effects (I'm not yet good at GCI (I'l planning on learning over the summer)), but I can usually come up with good ways to plan them. I used to do little effects using Quicktime and Photoshop (copying frames in, using layers & stuff, copying out)

send the script to me after finals

5. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    I will be in Provo in June. I can't do special effects...but I am the stage manager for my high school, so if you ever need any lighting done, or curtain closing, I'm your man. Or...woman. So I probably won't be too much help, but I'd sure like to!

6. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Whoa dude... You might want to shorten your script! I'm a film student at BYU and 138 pages is way too big for someone with no experience. I would strongly recommend that you tackle some smaller projects before you go for this one!

I would love helping out, as a UPM or 1st AD or maybe even director but you probably want to be the director yourself. I'm a pretty decent writer too if you need help on that end.

Email me @ filmfxman@hotmail.com

7. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    You want experience? I've been taking classes in Dramatic Arts since 1996. Now when I said 138 pages, that's only acts 1 and 2, I'm not done with act 3. I plan on doing several small projects, but this is my baby. I'm planning on a full fledged 2 and a half hour movie epic here. I exect it to be completely finished by 2008.

I also hope to bring a copy of the script to the Olympics planned for March 30th (if it's done by then) So I'll be there to discuss ideas.

EDIT: And the truth is, I planned on doing this movie in 10 segments, at about 15 minutes a piece, so in reality, it's just 10 really complex projects.

8. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    size matters not!

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    actually it does if were talking about Titanic and any Kevin Costner movie. Then every second is to long. Just sink the @!#$ ship already!!!!!

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Yeah, well. That's all fine and dandy if your Kevin Costner or James Cameron. But little ol' me? :D

But anyway, what kind of resorses to most of you guys out there have? Say we started in the summer, after school's out, what kind of access would you have?

And is anyone out there a really good artist? (Or at least mediocre?) I would actually like someone with artistic talent (meaning, Not Me :p ) to help with storyboard sketches.

11. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    As I've said before I'm a film student at the U and am very advanced in most types of sword training. I do alot of screenwriting as well as some directing, editing. I also am represented by McCarty Agency (for acting). I could arrange for you to hold actuall aditions for this thing- even ifu cant pay. Let me know how i can help.

12. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I might be able to work on storyboards, but to tell you the truth... I hate making storyboards. I'm in the middle of a big storyboard project right now. It's SO much work!

I can act quite decently (or at least I think so!). I'm in an acting class, and enjoying it.

13. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Well, I'm going to be at the Jedi Olympics being held, so anyone interested, please meet me there and we can discuss details.

14. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I won't be there. But consider me interested.

Rory, I want you to bring a sock puppet to represent me.

15. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Will do................maybe............ :D

16. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    I'll be waiting for the sock puppet. o_O

It really is going to be a fabulous movie, and when it's done, everyone involved will get a free copy of the DVD, paid for by ME! :D

17. WhitelightX

WhitelightX Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2002
    man... i wish i could be here to help you. I'm here until the 25th of April, but after that its home for the summer. Then I will mysteriously vanish for two years. Maybe I can do some work with you when I get back. I am a decent actor and a very decent actor, and I know a lot about SW and the EU, so I could help with continuity... (unless its New Jedi Order... then you're on your own... sorry, but I have to draw the line somewhere.)

And if you need someone to play either a charismatic smuggler type or a silent bounty hunter type... then you've found your man. Good luck with everything, and feel free to get in touch with me if you want any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.